And most importantly - avoid stress, nervous tension and negative emotions.
- It is more expedient to treat osteochondrosis at the very early stages of the pathology, but in practice doctors are turned to when the disease develops to more dangerous stages. Self-treatment in osteochondrosis is unacceptable and may cause deterioration of the general condition.
- Difficulty in moving hands, reducing the amplitude of movement,
- Internal causes include:
- These drugs include: acetylsalicylic acid, dipyridamole, clopidogrel and others.
- Irritation of the nervous regulation of the state of the vascular wall. This causes a spasm of blood vessels and a narrowing of their lumen.
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids and Omega-3 fatty acids. They protect the walls of blood vessels from the development of atherosclerosis. Contained in vegetable oils (olive, linseed), in marine and oceanic fish, chicken eggs.
From school we know that most of the functions of our body are regulated by the brain. And various violations in his work can lead to serious problems - memory impairment, impaired attention and coordination, quick fatigue, sleep disturbance and other, more serious consequences. In order to understand why and how to improve blood circulation in the brain, you need to know how it works, the causes, consequences, as well as the symptoms of blood flow disorders. This article will be devoted to these issues.
Cerebral circulation is the movement of blood through the vessels of the brain and spinal cord. The pathological process that causes a violation of cerebral circulation is characterized by a lesion of the cerebral and main arteries, cerebral and jugular veins, as well as venous sinuses. Pathologies of cerebral vessels are different: thrombosis, bends and loop formation, embolism, narrowing of the lumen, vascular aneurysm. The concept of cerebral vascular insufficiency as a whole can be defined as the discrepancy between the amount of blood needed by the brain and the number of its actual delivery.
Dizziness with cervical osteochondrosis
How to improve blood circulation in the brain
With timely and qualified treatment, the prognosis is favorable, but much depends on the stage of the disease, the severity of the symptoms, the patient's age and the implementation of medical recommendations regarding lifestyle, proper nutrition and elimination of bad habits.
Therapeutic effect in the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis brings positive results with a comprehensive approach - a combination of medicinal methods and physiotherapy.
- Burning, numbness and tingling in the upper limbs,
- Disorders of prenatal development of cartilage and bone tissue of the spine,
- When NKGM required the use of nootropics. These drugs affect higher brain functions.
- Direct mechanical compression (compression) of vessels by altered vertebral bone structures. Often occurs when the head turns, long uncomfortable position of the neck.
- Antioxidants that slow down oxidation. In large quantities, they are contained in berries - cranberries, lingonberries, currants and others, as well as in green tea.
The brain is the most important part of the central nervous system. It contains 25 billion nerve cells - the neurons that make up the gray matter of the brain.
The causes of violations, first of all, are atherosclerotic vascular lesions. Atherosclerosis is a disease in which a plaque forms in the lumen of a vessel that interferes with the normal passage of blood through the constricted area.This plaque can increase in size over time, accumulating platelets. As a result, a thrombus is formed, which either completely closes the lumen of the vessel, or comes off and is carried away with the blood into the blood vessels of the brain, clogs them, leading to a stroke, that is, to an acute violation of cerebral circulation.
Observed in vertebral artery syndrome (posterior cervical sympathetic syndrome Barre - Lie, "cervical migraine"). This disease develops as a result of the deterioration of blood flow in the vertebral (vertebral) arteries running along the vertebrae in the cervical region - in the canal formed by the transverse processes of the VI - II cervical vertebrae.
In the video, questions concerning cervical osteochondrosis are answered by a neurologist:
Drugs are good for stopping (eliminating) pain symptoms, but do not affect the cause of the pathology, so it is unwise to treat with medication only.
Why do NKGM arise in osteochondrosis of the neck?
All these changes, regardless of their origin, cause disruption of the blood supply to the brain tissue. In this case, their oxygen starvation occurs, the supply of nutrients is disturbed. Of course, these conditions require medical correction.
Vitamin E, which has a positive effect on memory, can be obtained by eating nuts, flax seeds, and sunflower seeds.
What happens to the vessels?
Neurons are cells that transmit information and sensory impulses, such as the feeling of pain, heat, visual, auditory impulses, etc. The brain is covered with hard and soft shells, between which the arachnoid membrane is located, through which the CSF circulates (cerebrospinal fluid ).
- Each of the circulatory disorders of the brain has its own characteristics:
- Hypertension is considered another cause of the disease, since many hypertensive patients often take their own condition seriously when pressure increases and the treatment of this ailment.
The syndrome is caused primarily by the effect of the pathological bone and cartilaginous structures of the spinal column on the vertebral artery and its sympathetic plexus (Frank's nerve). Most often, the wall of the vertebral artery is medially affected by uncovertebral growths (osteophytes) or the anterior edge of the articular process in the case of subluxation of the cervical vertebra or arthrosis with anterior growths.
Principles of drug therapy for NKGM and neck osteochondrosis
How we save on supplements and vitamins
- Well relieve pain and inflammation drugs such as Ibuprofen, Nise, Voltaren - the most appropriate means prescribed by the attending physician.
- Impaired vision and hearing (intermittent and permanent)
- Metabolic disorders.
- The most commonly used drugs in this group are: piracetam, cinnarizine, vinpocetine, hopantenic acid, and many others.
When treating disorders of cerebral circulation in osteochondrosis of the neck, several goals must be achieved:
Trace elements (zinc, magnesium, phosphorus) improve memory and attention, so it is very useful to eat seafood - shrimps, mussels, crabs, etc.
The brain consists of five main parts - the final, intermediate, middle, posterior and medulla, each of which performs its function. At its base, the brain is associated with the spinal cord, which transmits information to it from nerve cells located throughout the body. For the brain to work, it needs constant nutrition, which it receives from the blood. When blood circulation is disturbed, the brain receives insufficient nutrients and oxygen, which can lead to the death of a part of the cells or to their improper functioning.
In ischemic stroke, symptoms of cerebral blood flow are always acute.With this ailment, there are subjective complaints of the patient, there may be nausea and vomiting, as well as focal symptoms, which are changes in the system or organ for which the damaged part of the brain is responsible.
Like any body, the brain needs a good rest. If a person overloads his work, gradually the brain gets tired and exhausts all resources. Chronic fatigue can also be attributed to the causes of circulatory disorders in the brain. Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine due to clamping of the arteries supplying the brain disrupts its blood supply and functionality.
For the clinical picture of vertebral artery syndrome characterized by dizziness, headache - throbbing and burning, extending from the nape to the temple or brow area. The pain is often unilateral, aggravated by movements in the neck. Sometimes nausea, vomiting, palpitations, high or low blood pressure. Tinnitus, hearing loss, visual impairment (fog before eyes), pain in the eyes or feeling of sand are also possible. Quite often, with vertebral artery syndrome, cervicobrachialgia (pain in the shoulder and arm) is observed.
: Probiotics, vitamins, intended for neurological diseases, etc., and we order on iHerb (link $ 5 discount). Delivery to Moscow only 1-2 weeks. Much cheaper several times than to take in a Russian store, and in principle, some products are not found in Russia.
Also used drugs to improve cerebral circulation and drugs that affect the relaxation of the neck muscles (Mydocalm). Vitamins help in therapeutic dosages (especially group B and nicotinic acid) and trace elements (calcium, phosphorus and magnesium preparations).
To expand the lumen of the constricted vessels.
Bitter chocolate contains tryptophan, which in the body is converted into the hormone serotonin, which prevents the development of depression.
The main causes of blood flow disorders are as follows:
Hemorrhagic stroke occurs when blood from damaged blood vessels into the brain cavity with further compression and such a dangerous complication, as the brain stem slips into the occipital foramen. This disease takes a leading position in the number of deaths among all types of circulatory disorders of the brain.
Head injuries such as concussion, bruises and hemorrhages do not pass without a trace. They cause compression of the brain centers, which disrupts the cerebral circulation, which, in turn, can lead to death.
Disturbance of cerebral circulation caused by irritation of the vegetative plexuses of the vertebral arteries (Frank nerve), can provoke manifestations of the diencephalic syndrome or a special type of vegetative-vascular dystonia - the so-called vegetative-vascular – trophic.
Headaches, dizziness, periodic loss of coordination, nausea - these are one of the most unpleasant and frightening symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis. Why do they arise and how to deal with it?
The treatment is practiced with chondroprotectors (BAA), which restore intervertebral tissues, however, some doctors consider these drugs to be ineffective or even useless for the treatment of osteochondrosis.
Other means of improving cerebral circulation
Pain in the chest or between the shoulder blades, which are not eliminated by nitroglycerin and depend on the position of the body,
Various injuries and injuries of the spine and back (bruises, falls, sprains, fractures),
It is characterized by a neuroprotective effect - protects the brain tissue from the effects of adverse factors.
Restore brain function due to enrichment with oxygen.
Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine: symptoms and treatment, what to do during exacerbation
It should be remembered that a competent treatment can be prescribed only by a doctor after appropriate examination. In no case can not take their own drugs that improve blood circulation in the brain, for example, according to reviews of friends. Of the drugs usually prescribed vasodilators, drugs that prevent blood clotting and blood clots, as well as nootropics and psychostimulants. All of these tools act differently on the cerebral blood flow.
Atherosclerosis of vessels. This disease occurs because of the high content of cholesterol in the blood, which is deposited on the walls of blood vessels in the form of plaques, because of which there is a blockage of blood vessels and a violation of the general circulation.
A transient ischemic attack (TIA) is a transient violation of cerebral circulation, which eventually passes. It is accompanied by paresis, impaired speech and visual function, drowsiness and confusion.
There are two types of circulatory disorders of the brain: chronic and acute. Acute cerebrovascular accident (ONMK) always develops very quickly - in a matter of hours and even minutes.
For diencephalic syndrome in cervical osteochondrosis, symptoms such as increased heart rate and increased arterial fatigue, irritability, instability of mood, cold hands and feet, increased sweating, discomfort in the heart area, sleep disorders and other manifestations associated with eating disorders brain structures (in particular, the hypothalmus). Patients complain of unsharp pains in the cervical spine, and heart attacks and unpleasant sensations in the heart area most often begin with pain in the cervical region.
Vertigo with cervical osteochondrosis
- Some therapeutic effect have ointments and gels for external use (Finalgon, Fastum gel and others).
- Proliferation of connective tissue in the cervical region,
- Infectious diseases
- Reduces the tone of the smooth muscles of blood vessels, due to this it has a vasodilator effect. Increases tissue resistance to hypoxia. Reduces blood viscosity.
- To improve blood flow in the vessels due to blood thinning.
- Vasodilator drugs cause relaxation of smooth muscles of blood vessels, which leads to an increase in their lumen. At the same time, they reduce the total blood pressure, which can lead to the opposite effect and worsen the blood supply to the brain. Therefore, currently used drugs that have an effect directly on the vessels of the brain, without affecting the general circulatory system, for example, "Cinnarizin" and "Nimodipin."
- Jumps in blood pressure (hypertension) can cause damage to the small cerebral arteries, and in severe cases - to stroke.
- Chronic impaired blood circulation of the brain occurs in the elderly and is characterized by gradual development over many years. Typical symptoms: reduced intelligence, mental abilities and memory. Such patients are scattered and sometimes aggressive.
- ONMK is divided into stroke and transient violation of cerebral circulation:
- The vegetative-vascular syndrome is characterized by the following symptoms: excessive sweating, palpitations, unstable blood pressure, spasms of the brain, heart and peripheral vessels. The instability of the activity of the gastrointestinal tract is also observed.
May occur in the morning or at night, after sleeping. Most often, dizziness in patients with cervical osteochondrosis occurs after sleeping on a high pillow.Dizziness can last from several minutes to several hours, and is accompanied by visual impairment, hearing loss, tinnitus.
In specialized clinics dealing with problems of orthopedics and the treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system, preference is given to physiotherapeutic rather than medicinal methods. Based on a detailed study of the medical history (anamnesis) and an extended diagnosis, doctors make up special individual therapy programs, which include:
- Constant fatigue and fatigue
- Violation of posture in the form of stoop and S-shaped curvature of the spine,
- Well-proven drugs that have a combined composition. The most commonly used combination is piracetam and cinnarizine.
- To restore the health of the spine in the cervical region.
- Antithrombotic agents also cause an improvement in the blood circulation of the brain. The drugs are divided into three groups: anticoagulants, fibrinolitikov and antiplatelet agents.
- Cervical osteochondrosis and scoliosis. The vertebral artery passes in the canal of the transverse processes of the spine. When the vertebrae are displaced relative to each other, the diameter of this channel decreases and, as a result, the artery is compressed and the blood circulation of the brain deteriorates.
- The diagnosis of the disease is made on the basis of the following symptoms:
- Hemorrhagic stroke - a condition that occurs as a result of hemorrhage in the tissue at the rupture of the vessel under the influence of any factors
- Often with cervical osteochondrosis, there are disturbances in the work of the vestibular apparatus, responsible for balance. The reason is the high sensitivity of the vestibular apparatus to the lack of blood supply. Dizziness is the first and main manifestation of this syndrome. In general, dizziness is characteristic of many pathologies in the vertebral artery system, but with cervical osteochondrosis, dizziness occurs when the head is tilted backwards or sharp head turns to the sides. Nausea and even vomiting are possible.
- All these symptoms are manifestations of cerebral complications of cervical osteochondrosis and are usually caused by impaired cerebral circulation. Acute violation of cerebral hemodynamics (blood circulation of the brain) leads to the development of an ischemic attack of the brain, accompanied by various cerebral disorders.
- Electrophoresis (the introduction of medicinal substances through the skin using electrodes),
- Work in an uncomfortable position
- The combined effect of these drugs enhances the positive effects of each other.
All these activities are carried out comprehensively. And now let's take a closer look at what medicines are used to achieve each of the goals.
The course of the disease and possible complications
Anticoagulants prevent the formation of fibrin filaments, that is, they prevent the formation of blood clots and promote the resorption of existing blood clots (Heparin, Fenilin, Varfarex). Fibrinolytic agents cause rupture of fibrin filaments and, as a result, the resorption of new blood clots (Fibrinolysin, Urokinase, Streptokinase).
Injuries to the cervical spine. Such injuries often occur during improper exercise. There is a displacement of the vertebrae and compression of the artery.
Complaints of the patient, characteristic of this violation,
Ischemic stroke is a cerebral hypoxia that developed after the lumen of the blood vessel that feeds the area is closed,
The method of treatment of such manifestations of cervical osteochondrosis as dizziness, headache, is determined by the state of the spine and vascular system. Mandatory examination (preferably MRI as the most informative).Based on the results of the examination, physiotherapeutic procedures, drugs that improve the blood supply in the vertebral artery system and reduce irritation of the nervous system, and massage the neck and collar area can be prescribed. Ascorbic acid and retinol contribute to the improvement of cerebral oxygenation (supply of oxygen to the brain tissue), which eliminates dizziness. But all drugs must be used with caution and remember that long-term use of even ascorbic acid, especially in large doses, can harm the body.
The immediate causes of the deterioration of the blood supply to the brain tissue can be the following:
- Magnetotherapy (exposure to magnetic fields),
- Find out how stress headaches are different from pain in cervical osteochondrosis. Discomfort in the hands can also be caused by neuropathy of the upper limbs. Details here.
Lack of vitamins or microelements (calcium, phosphorus, manganese, zinc, vitamin D),
It should be remembered that the progression of pathological changes in the cervical spine in osteochondrosis may be the cause of the ineffectiveness of drug therapy. That is why, in the treatment of disorders of cerebral circulation, it is necessary to carry out parallel activities aimed at restoring health in osteochondrosis of the neck vertebrae.
In the event of a violation of cerebral circulation, triggered by cervical osteochondrosis, the treatment is carried out in several directions with the aim of a complex effect on the disease.
Medicines are prescribed to:
- to expand the lumen of blood vessels
- normalize brain functionality by enriching the blood with oxygen,
- reduce blood viscosity, thereby enhancing and facilitating blood flow,
- restore and strengthen the health of the spinal column.
To improve the blood supply to the brain in case of pathological changes in the cervical region, medicines of the following medicinal groups are prescribed:
- Correctors of cerebral circulation. Such drugs produce a vasodilating effect, which improves blood flow, the rheological properties of blood and the aggregation of its cellular elements. The most commonly used such drugs: Vinpocetine, Cavinton, Tanakan.
- Nootropics Nootropic drugs with impaired cerebral circulation contribute to the improvement of metabolic processes in brain tissues, restore thinking, normalize memory and speech abilities in case of its disorder. In addition, drugs belonging to this group stimulate intellectual activity, increase the mental performance of the brain, increase concentration.
- Antioxidants. Drugs in this group can reduce the violation of the integrity of the membranes of nerve cells, and also help reduce the activity of fat peroxidation processes.
- Chondroprotectors. Medications belonging to this group are prescribed to restore damaged articular surfaces. They are indispensable in the treatment of various pathologies of the musculoskeletal system.
- Histaminergic drugs. Similar drugs for cervical osteochondrosis are necessary for the activation of specific receptors located in the inner ear. Due to the properties of these drugs, the severity of symptomatic manifestations of vestibular disorders (loss of motor coordination, loss of a sense of balance) is reduced. Also, treatment with such agents provides improved conduction of impulses along the nerve fiber.
It should be understood that it is unacceptable to prescribe any drug drugs yourself.A medicine is first and foremost a chemical substance, which, if used illiterately, has a detrimental effect on the entire body. Therefore, drug treatment should be carried out in strict accordance with the recommendations of a qualified specialist.
In addition to the use of medications, the treatment of osteochondrosis of the cervical region should be complemented by other therapeutic methods that, although they are unable to completely rid of the pathology, but allow to consolidate and strengthen the effect of drug therapy. It is recommended to resort to similar therapeutic methods only during remission.
Auxiliary therapy includes the use of the following methods:
- Physiotherapy. Physical exercises that help improve the patient's health are selected by the doctor individually, based on the severity of the symptomatic manifestations of the disease, the degree of its course and the age of the patient.
- A patient suffering from osteochondrosis, located in the cervical region, should change his usual way of life. It is desirable to limit the consumption of alcoholic beverages, to balance the diet, to stop smoking. Of course, this will not be possible in one day, therefore a gradual transition is recommended.
- If possible, you should visit a massage therapist for a therapeutic massage of the spine.
- It is very important to be able to correctly distribute physical activity.
Disruption of cerebral circulation is a very serious phenomenon that requires timely action, since its prolonged course can lead to quite dangerous complications.
Causes of cervical osteochondrosis and its symptoms
As a rule, the causes of osteochondrosis include improper and sedentary lifestyle, as well as malnutrition. Previously, osteochondrosis occurred in people older than 40 years, but now the disease is significantly "younger" and is observed in patients 30+ years.
This is due to modern working conditions, for example, in the office at the computer. This activity is associated with prolonged sitting in one position, which leads to impaired blood circulation throughout the body, including the neck.
Unsuitable working conditions are an excellent ground for the development of osteochondrosis, which will immediately make itself felt in the form of spasms in the muscles of the neck and painful "lumbago".
If the disease does not begin to heal in time, the situation may worsen and pain sensation will be increased by reducing the sensitivity of the limbs, dizziness and even loss of consciousness during sharp head turns.
These disturbing "bells" louder than any hints make it clear that it is time to change something in your life and begin to implement a number of recommendations that help get rid of this ailment.
What to do?
To begin, go to the doctor who will determine the stage of the disease and prescribe the appropriate treatment option.
He will write out the drugs, all kinds of remedies in the form of ointments and medicinal herbs, prescribe physiotherapeutic procedures and send to be treated.
There are plenty of ways to treat osteochondrosis at home, allowing not only to reduce the discomfort in the cervical region, but also to get rid of this ailment.
For a start, we recommend you take a simple, but effective, step-by-step program that Alexander Bonin offers in his free course “Secrets of treatment of cervical osteochondrosis”
It was mentioned above that one of the causes of osteochondrosis is a decrease in blood circulation in the cervical region. There are plenty of ways to improve blood flow, which at one time will positively affect the complex treatment of osteochondrosis.
To improve blood circulation in several ways in the form of dietary correction and regular gymnastic exercises.
Nutrition for cervical osteochondrosis
To begin with, it is necessary to exclude a number of products that set the tone in the body's metabolic processes. These include fried and fatty foods, flour, alcohol.
It is mandatory to introduce a large amount of fruits and vegetables into the diet and do not forget about the greens. It is advisable to switch from three meals a day to fractional, implying frequent meals, but in small portions, instead of eating to the “heap”, leading to disruption of the digestive processes.
You should also limit the intake of salt, smoked meats and spicy foods. Go to cereals and preferably easily digestible, such as oatmeal or buckwheat.
Very well about the nuances of eating with osteochondrosis is written in the report of Alexandra Bonina "10 essential nutritional components for a healthy spine." The author has studied in depth not only the causes of osteochondrosis, but also the effect of food on the body as a whole.
Of course, one change of nutrition will not be enough, you need to exercise regularly. This is not about lifting the barbell, of course, but about gymnastics, which includes simple exercises without excessive force.
Circular movements, as well as head tilt from side to side, contribute to the flow of blood to the damaged areas, their saturation with oxygen and necessary useful substances.
Massage of the cervical spine
It is also recommended to undergo a massage. These procedures are considered as one of the most effective ways to influence the damaged areas from the outside.
If there is no time or financial opportunity to hire a massage therapist, do a self-massage.
The main thing is the regularity of all procedures, including proper nutrition. Such an integrated approach will soon yield positive results, and cervical osteochondrosis with its attendant discomfort sensations will disappear forever.
Try not to stop leading a healthy lifestyle, even after the disease has subsided, otherwise there is always a chance of returning this unpleasant illness. Be healthy and full of energy!
Signs and symptoms
It is relatively easy to recognize the appearance of problems with blood circulation in the brain, which were initiated by the destruction of intervertebral discs in the cervical spine. At the initial stage of the disease, they are expressed in the form:
- periodic dizziness that occurs when you turn the head sharply when standing up,
- sudden headaches
- numbness of the face or goosebumps in the neck and arms
- episodic nausea.
With the progression of degenerative changes in the cervical spine, the degree of cerebral blood circulation insufficiency increases. Symptoms of impaired hemodynamics and depression of brain activity in the form of:
- weakening of memory and mental abilities,
- emotional instability
- frequent headaches
- violations of the mode and quality of sleep,
- blurred vision and hearing.
Regardless of the pathology stage, the listed symptoms are accompanied by significant discomfort in the back and neck. Cervical and occipital muscles become constrained, a patient has shooting in the neck or between the shoulder blades, acute pain may occur. This is what helps to distinguish the manifestation of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine from other diseases.
Causes of deterioration of blood circulation in osteochondrosis
The decrease in the amount of blood flowing to the brain in osteochondrosis of the neck is due to the structural features of this section of the spine. The bone structures of this part of the skeleton are smaller than in the lumbar or thoracic, and the blood vessels and nerves are an order of magnitude larger. Along with this, there is a large load on the vertebrae - the neck belongs to the most mobile parts of the body.
When they are damaged by osteochondrosis, nerve roots and vessels in the neck are inevitably trapped in the neck, along which oxygen-enriched blood moves to the head. The vertebral arteries passing through the channels formed by the openings in the transverse processes of the cervical vertebrae are compressed with protruding intervertebral discs, osteophytes, and spasmed muscles.
This is what leads to stenosis (narrowing) of the great vessels, disrupts normal blood flow and causes acute or chronic insufficiency of blood supply to the brain. In addition, there is a problem with a high content of salts in the lymphatic fluid and blood.
The extent of the lesion depends on the degree of vasoconstriction. So, even at the initial stage of the disease, the volume of blood that feeds the brain decreases by 30%.
Most often, with cervical osteochondrosis, the brainstem, which is a continuation of the spinal cord, and the medulla are suffering. From the proper operation of these sections of the central nervous system depends on the work of vital organs and systems.
What is dangerous violation of cerebral circulation
With long-term osteochondrosis of the neck, there is a possibility of irreversible changes in the brain. Due to the regularly occurring oxygen starvation, the partial death of nerve cells occurs.
Depending on which part of the brain has undergone pathological changes, a patient with osteochondrosis may develop:
- heart rhythm disorders
- depression of the respiratory system,
- cerebral ischemia,
- loss of orientation in space and loss of ability to maintain balance.
Against the background of cervical osteochondrosis, increased arterial pressure often occurs, which causes pressure and pain in the occipital region. The disease also negatively affects the mobility of the shoulder girdle, and not only the fine motor skills of the hands, but also the organs located in the chest cell.
Treatment of deterioration of blood circulation in the brain that originated against the background of cervical osteochondrosis should be carried out in two directions:
- Elimination of symptoms and comprehensive restoration of blood supply and brain functions.
- Elimination of the main cause of problems - cervical osteochondrosis.
Some unconventional treatment methods (acupuncture, homeopathy, manual therapy) help to speed up recovery.
Drug treatment has the following objectives:
- reduction of symptoms - dizziness, headaches, memory impairment, vision, hearing,
- restoration of hemodynamics and nutrition of brain tissue,
- elimination of the underlying disease - osteochondrosis.
For this purpose, a complex of medicines is used. First of all, in the list of drugs include chondroprotectors, diuretic drugs (to reduce soft tissue swelling), analgesics. Anti-inflammatory drugs (mainly NSAIDs), muscle relaxants, and vitamin-mineral complexes are considered to be mandatory.
The restoration of blood circulation and metabolic processes in the brain is carried out using:
- correctors of cerebral circulation - Tanakan, Vinpocetine,
- nootropic drugs - Fezam, Actovegin,
- histaminergic drugs - Betahistin, Asniton.
Supplemented with antioxidant therapy, mainly with vitamins A, E, Omega-3.
Physiotherapy and massage
Physiotherapeutic methods of treatment involve the use of current and electromagnetic waves of various frequencies together with medicines in the form of solutions. This combination helps to quickly improve the condition of the vertebral discs and nerve bundles.
As a result of a course of treatment, the inflammatory process is reduced, the edema passes, and the condition of the blood vessels stabilizes.
Massage, exercise therapy, osteopathic treatment - methods that help stimulate blood flow in the problem area, as well as help strengthen the muscles and stabilize the vertebrae of the cervical region. To carry out treatment with these methods is recommended under the supervision and guidance of a specialist.
Folk remedies and diet
Medicinal herbs, bee products and other traditional medicine can be used as an addition to the traditional treatment of disorders of cerebral circulation in osteochondrosis of the neck. The selection of funds in this case is based on symptoms. Homeopathic remedies and herbal preparations based on compounds isolated from the leaves of ginkgo, eleutherococcus and ginseng contribute to the restoration of the normal state of the CNS.
Special attention should be paid to nutrition. If there is insufficient cerebral circulation against the background of diagnosed osteochondrosis, it is recommended to exclude from the menu foods that can cause edema - salting, smoked meats and canned foods, as well as alcohol.
Experts recommend enriching the menu with foods and dishes that help restore the vertebral discs. Priority should be given to legumes, seafood, nuts, dairy products.
You can prevent problems with the cervical spine and blood circulation in the brain by following these rules:
- Maintain physical activity.
- When sitting, it is recommended to do a simple warm-up every hour.
- Good effect give swimming, walking.
- Sleep on a low pillow and mattress of medium hardness.
- Treatment of spinal diseases after the first symptoms.
- Exclusion of bad habits that adversely affect the metabolism, the state of the circulatory system, cartilage and bone tissues.
On how to prevent the occurrence of pathology, see the video
It is much easier to prevent insufficient blood circulation in the brain than to treat this pathology. In the absence of timely medical care, the patient may experience irreversible consequences, including disability and death. Avoiding this will help attentive attitude to the state of their health and the adoption of timely measures to prevent their progression.
Osteochondrosis is a chronic degenerative-dystrophic pathology of the skeletal system, caused by metabolic disorders under the influence of provocative factors and characterized by a number of symptoms from many organs and systems. In osteochondrosis, the cartilage of the vertebrae is destroyed and the deformation of their bodies and processes takes place.
Description and symptoms of the disease
Osteochondrosis affects the spine, most often in the cervical and lumbar parts, which is explained by the greater load on the neck and lower back due to upright walking.
Osteochondrosis of the neck, as a rule, is more manifested by pain symptoms and vascular disorders in the neck and head than the lumbar spine.
Treatment of vascular problems due to osteochondrosis of the cervical segment should be comprehensive, including medication, non-drug therapy and surgery in case of neglected situations.
Symptoms of vascular disorders in osteochondrosis due to two main factors:
- Because of the compression of the destroyed vertebrae and the growth of bone tissue, the vessels of the spinal cord, in particular, the basilar and vertebral arteries, are compressed.
- Blood circulation is disturbed in the vasomotor center of the medulla oblongata, which is responsible for many of the basic functions of organ systems, for example, regulation of heart rhythm, respiration, sensory organs, and others.
Accordingly, the disorders caused by osteochondrosis of the cervical region lead to dysfunctions of the heart and blood vessels, increased intracranial pressure, problems with upper limb motility.
The gradual compression of the vessels in osteochondrosis for some time is compensated by the development of a collateral network of the blood supply, in contrast to the sharp compression, which can cause ischemic stroke.
Since osteochondrosis develops over a long period of time, patients seek help from doctors already at the stage of clinical manifestations, when the process is quite neglected, and the symptoms, at first glance, may not be associated with the spine.
How does the clinic of angiospastic disorders develop in osteochondrosis of the cervical spine
- Dyscirculatory encephalopathy - characterized by headaches, dizziness, scattered attention, increased fatigue, there are also complaints of sleep disturbances, tinnitus, and an unsteady gait.
- The subcompensatory stage, when neurological signs become noticeable - mental activity is reduced, memory and thinking are impaired, problems with speech control can occur, emotional lability, apathy and general inhibition are noticeable. Observed symptoms of dysfunction of the vestibular apparatus - nausea and vomiting.
- Decompensation - already irreversible changes occur in the brain, when the symptoms reach their greatest intensity and patients need outside help for home care.
Even "neglected" osteochondrosis can be cured at home! Just do not forget to smear it once a day.
Symptoms and syndromes in violation of cerebral circulation caused by osteochondrosis manifest themselves in a complex that allows you to make a preliminary diagnosis, confirmed by instrumental methods of examination: MRI, computed tomography using a contrast agent, MR angiography and ultrasound with Doppler of the arteries and veins of the brain and spinal cord.
How to treat vascular disorders in cervical osteochondrosis
Therapy of vascular dysfunctions and the following clinical manifestations begins with the elimination of the cause of the pathology. The goal of treatment is to improve blood flow in the brain.
For the most part, therapy for osteochondrotic manifestations includes conservative measures:
- medicine course
- manual massage.
All of them are aimed at slowing down or stopping the process of degenerative changes and inflammation in the cervical region and adjacent areas, as well as the restoration of blood circulation in the brain.
Drug treatment of circulatory dysfunctions in the brain in osteochondrosis is the appointment of the following number of drugs:
- Antiaggregants and agents that stimulate blood microcirculation, these include aspirin and its derivatives, chimes, clopidogrel, dipyridamole, thiotriazolin.
- The means of reducing the swelling of the brain - diuretics and osmodiuretiki, it is furosemide and lures.
- Antioxidants that reduce peroxide lipid oxidation, as a result of which there is no destruction of the neurocyte membranes - vitamin E, mexidol.
- Neuroleptics, for sedative and antiemetic actions, as well as slowing impaired cognitive functions, emotional disorders. Among them, chlorpromazine and epoperazine.
- Tranquilizers - to suppress emotional dysfunctions, improve sleep, reduce depressive manifestations - sekudsen, afobazole, phenozepam and meprobanat.
- Antihypertensive drugs to reduce intracranial pressure, in their group cardura, reserpine and fiziotenz.
- Low molecular weight dextrans in order to thin the blood and stimulate blood circulation in the brain, for example, reopolyglukine.
- Calcium channel blockers - they improve metabolism in neurocytes by reducing the penetration of calcium ions through the cell membrane. This removes vascular spasm and reduces the risk of ischemia. Among the drugs - stegerone and cinnarizine.
- Nootropics are means for accelerating metabolism in the brain tissues, which help restore mental functions and increase organ resistance to ischemia and hypoxia. Among them - piracetam, cerebrolysin, ceraxon, and others.
- Vasoactive drugs - means for expansion of blood vessels, which stimulates blood circulation in the brain, improves venous outflow, creates a barrier to the aggregation of blood cells in the bloodstream. Used Vinpocetine, Cavinton, Tanakan.
- Synthetic histaminergic drugs - reduce the manifestations of dysfunction of the vestibular apparatus (gait disturbances, dizziness) by activating histamine receptors in the inner ear. Among the prescribed drugs: betaserk, vestibo, betahistine.
- Venotonics - drugs to stimulate the intracranial outflow of venous blood and restore blood circulation, with an angiprotective effect: diosmin, detralex, phlebodia.
- Vitamins, stimulating metabolic processes in cells and restoring the functions of higher nervous activity: cytoflavin, neurobex and milgamma.
- Chondroprotectors and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs that reduce inflammation in the affected areas of the spine are prescribed as drugs acting locally on dystrophically modified vertebral cartilage in osteochondrosis.
Physiotherapy in the form of electrophoresis or magnetic therapy is recommended in order to improve the blood supply to the cervical region. Electrophoresis relieves muscle spasm and raises the body temperature in the segment of the spine affected by osteochondrosis, which stimulates blood circulation. Magnetic therapy with low-frequency waves expands the vascular lumen, improving local microcirculation, relieving pain, swelling and muscle spasm.
Massage manual practices for osteochondrosis appointed during the subsidence of acute events and should be performed exclusively by a doctor. In the same period, exercises of therapeutic gymnastics, dosed physical activity under the supervision of specialists, and, in general, a change of lifestyle to a more active, change in diet, weight loss, are recommended.
For the treatment and prevention of osteochondrosis, our readers use the fast and non-surgical treatment method recommended by leading rheumatologists of Russia, who have decided to oppose pharmaceutical chaos and present a medicine that REALLY TREATS! We got acquainted with this technique and decided to offer it to your attention. Read more.
Surgical treatment of manifestations of cervical osteochondrosis is justified in the presence of serious intervertebral hernias, prolapse and rupture of the disc, and other neglected conditions of the spine and vessels that are not amenable to conservative therapy. Operations are recommended for the occurrence of paralysis of the hands, swelling of the brain, intense pain syndrome, and consist in excision of the affected vertebral disk, angioplasty of the vessels, in order to restore impaired blood circulation.
How to forget about joint pain and osteochondrosis?
- Joint pains limit your movement and full life ...
- You are worried about discomfort, crunch and systematic pain ...
- Perhaps you have tried a bunch of drugs, creams and ointments ...
- But judging by the fact that you are reading these lines - they did not help you much ...
Want to get the same treatment, ask us how?
Disruption of the blood supply to the brain in cervical osteochondrosis can have serious consequences. Squeezing of the blood collaterals of the cervical-collar zone leads to oxygen starvation of the most important areas of the brain and is the cause of arterial hypertension, deterioration of coordination and increased risks of hemorrhages. Treatment of cerebral circulation in cervical osteochondrosis includes vascular preparations.
The essence and symptoms of circulatory disorders in osteochondrosis
Through the transverse processes of the vertebrae of the neck are the arteries of the spine, washing with blood: the medulla, trunk, cerebellum, occipital lobes, inner ear. The medulla oblongata contains centers coordinating vital functions: arterial tone, heart rate, respiration and swallowing. In case of cervical osteochondrosis, compression of arteries occurs, as a result, insufficient blood flow to important areas. Circulation is limited and is the result of syndromesDetermining the symptoms of insufficient blood flow:
- Spinal stenosis syndrome - squeezing of the blood vessels of the spinal cord disrupts blood circulation in the back of the head.
- Reflex-irritative syndrome - a burning pain in the back of the head, aggravating during inhalation / exhalation.
- Radicular syndrome (radiculopathy) - compression of the nerve endings by the fibrous ring will manifest headache of different localization and intensity. The symptoms of this syndrome are:
- Speech disorders.
- Deterioration of smell.
- Decreased sensitivity of lingual muscles.
- Coma feeling in the throat.
- Rough breathing, snoring.
- Unreasonable nasal congestion.
- Vertebral artery syndrome - a throbbing pain, signaling the compression of a blood vessel. Pain in the brow area, temples, vertex and occiput. Symptoms:
- Noise or ringing in the ears.
- Easy nausea.
- Soreness in the eyes.
- Cardiac syndrome: Symptoms similar to strokes, with longer duration. Pain radiating to the diaphragm, accompanied by hypertension and arrhythmia.
Since the spinal vessels provide nutrition to important areas of the central nervous system, impaired blood circulation in the brain with cervical osteochondrosis can provoke dangerous complications, in particular ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke.
What could be the consequences
Disturbance of cerebral circulation in cervical osteochondrosis is often the cause of serious vascular and neurological problems. The medulla oblongata and the trunk contain vital coordinating centers:
- Vasodomotor - regulates A / D.
- Regulation of heart rhythm - affects heart rate.
- Respiratory - controls the act of inhaling and exhaling.
- Swallowing - coordinates swallowing.
- The pituitary-hypothalamus system is a hormonal balance.
Disruption of the blood supply to the brain in osteochondrosis can lead to a serious complication, in particular a stroke.
Disruption of the blood supply to the brain in osteochondrosis is in the future vascular neurological pathologies, the treatment of which is delayed for months. Chronic circulatory failure is a common cause of dyscirculatory encephalopathy. A dangerous complication is stroke, the consequences of which cannot be foreseen. The appearance of the first signs of cerebral circulatory insufficiency in osteochondrosis of the neck requires immediate medical attention.
How to improve cerebral circulation in cervical osteochondrosis
Improvement of cerebral circulation in cervical osteochondrosis is achieved by conservative methods. Equally important are physiotherapy, rehabilitation, correction of the menu and diet, physical activity.
Treatment of cerebral blood flow disorders is aimed at eliminating compression, root syndrome and improving the nutrition of the brain, it aims to:
- To expand the vascular lumen.
- Facilitate blood circulation through the vascular collaterals.
- Restore the work of important centers.
- Increase blood rheology.
- Stop the progression of osteochondrosis.
For the treatment of disorders of cerebral circulation in cervical osteochondrosis, drugs of several pharmacological groups are recommended. An integrated approach allows you to influence the main parts of the pathological process.
Description and Symptoms
Osteochondrosis destroys the spine in the neck and lower back - an increased load appears. The disease is manifested by pain and defects in the work of the vessels of the neck and head. Treatment requires an integrated approach, sports, medication therapy and surgery in difficult situations.
Symptoms of vascular disorders in osteochondrosis are due to several factors. Firstly, due to the compression of the damaged vertebrae, the expansion of the bone tissue, the vessels of the head are compressed, there is pressure on the vertebral arteries. Secondly, there are problems with blood supply in the brain, responsible for important functions of the body, respiratory system, heart, eyes, ears, etc.
The disorders provoked by osteochondrosis cause dysfunction of the blood vessels and the heart, an increase in ICP, problems with limb motility. The compression of arteries and veins can be temporarily compensated by a collateral mesh of blood vessels, but a sharp squeeze leads to ischemic stroke.
Since osteochondrosis develops for a long time, patients turn to specialists when the first symptoms occur, the disorder is neglected, and the interrelation with the spine is rarely traced at this time.
What are the symptoms of angiospastic disorders:
- Encephalopathy. With such an illness, headache, dizziness, problems with concentration, fatigue, complaints about problems with sleep, problems with gait, noise in the ears appear.
- In the subcompensatory stage mental activity is deteriorating, problems with memory and intellectual activity appear, it becomes more difficult to talk, emotional lability, inhibition arises. Disrupted work of the vestibular apparatus, nausea, gagging.
- Decompensation. In the brain, destruction is irreversible. Symptoms are maximally pronounced, patients need help in everyday life in everyday life.
Causes of circulatory problems
Problems with the blood supply to the head in case of cervical osteochondrosis have an age or genetic effect, resulting from a metabolic disorder. Common provoking factors: hypertonic disorder, scoliosis, fatigue, atherosclerosis, nervousness, depression, thyroid dysfunction.
The main causes of such health problems include low physical activity and poor muscle tone.. The high-risk group includes patients who are not mobile enough and perform a lot of routine work in a sitting position.
Stages of the disease
Symptoms occur according to the stage of the disease. The disease develops in 3 degrees:
- Encephalopathy. The patient has a general weakness, headache, instability of gait, sharp problems with coordination of movements. If you do not treat the problem at this stage, hearing is deteriorating. The lack of oxygen in the head leads to damage to the work of the organs of vision.
- Subcompensatory stage with severe neurological symptoms. The precariousness of the gait, the patient's nausea, disorders of the vestibular apparatus, speech defects and memory lapses appear.
- For stage 3 characterized by irreversible damage to the central nervous system, due to which the patient is difficult to move, to maintain themselves in everyday life, to control bowel movements and urine.
Circulatory disorders in the head with osteochondrosis becomes the cause of complex vascular pathologies. In the brain and spinal cord, significant coordination centers are affected: vasomotor, heart rate correction, respiratory, swallowing, hypophysis-hypothalamus mechanism.
Problems with the blood supply to the head with osteochondrosis cause neurological disorders, the treatment of which can last for months.Due to problems with the enrichment of neurons with oxygen, dyscirculatory encephalopathy occurs. The list of dangerous complications includes stroke, the consequences of which are difficult to foresee. You need to consult a doctor if you experience the first signs.
How to stimulate blood circulation in osteochondrosis?
Stimulation of cerebral circulation in osteochondrosis is performed by conservative methods. Physical therapy is an important method. You also need to consider rehabilitation, diet correction, sports. Stabilization of cerebral blood supply involves the elimination of compression, the supply of nutrients to the brain.
Therapy has the following objectives:
- Increase the level of saturation of the brain with oxygen.
- Make the blood more fluid, fluid.
- Increasing the internal diameter of blood vessels.
- Stimulation of blood circulation in the collateral area.
- Resume the operation of important centers.
- Increase blood rheology.
- To slow down the development of osteochondrosis.
- To correct defects of intervertebral discs.
The beginning of the treatment implies examination by a neurologist. In order to make a correct diagnosis, the specialist listens to all the complaints of the patient, to get acquainted with the results of the analysis, the recorded history of the disease. Sometimes additional diagnostic procedures are performed using ECG equipment, MRI or X-ray in the cervical region.
Medications that stimulate cerebral circulation in osteochondrosis are prescribed by a specialist after examination, taking into account contraindications. Stabilization of blood flow is achieved in the following ways:
- Elimination of spasms due to expansion of the internal diameter of the vessels.
- Stabilization of energy potential.
- Improved microcirculation in the head.
- Increased elasticity of vascular tissue.
Vascular transformations that favorably affect the blood supply to the brain belong to different pharmacological subgroups. If due to osteochondrosis there is a shortage of blood circulation, the following medications are prescribed: psychoanaleptics, nootropic drugs, antioxidants, drugs that improve metabolism, supply tissues with beneficial substances, angioprotectors, medicines that eliminate vestibular disorders.
In order not to have to use drugs, you need to lead an active lifestyle, do exercises that stimulate the blood supply to the whole body. Stabilization of blood flow is performed in the steam room, bath or sauna. Overweight problems, alcohol, tobacco are considered risk factors for atherosclerosis.
Prevent cervical frustration succeed if you follow these instructions:
- Compliance with physical activity.
- When sedentary work you need to warm up regularly.
- Positive results brings swimming, walking.
- You need to sleep on a low pillow and not too hard feather bed.
- Diseases of the spine are eliminated after the first signs.
- The elimination of bad habits that negatively affect the metabolism, the state of the blood supply system, bones and cartilage.
Preventing blood supply shortages will be easier than illness. If the patient is not helped in time, irreversible consequences, disability, and death occur. It will be possible to avoid this if you are attentive to your own health, are treated in time, do not start the disease.
Why there are problems with NKGM with cervical osteochondrosis?
In the bone canals that appear in the transverse processes of the vertebrae, the vertebral artery is located, through which blood flows in 1/3 of the entire brain. When cervical osteochondrosis is formed, the changes affect the vascular state.
What happens to the circulatory system?
There are 2 options for the impact of the spine on the blood vessels and blood supply to the brain. The first is damage to the nervous regulation of the vascular wall. At the same time there is a spasm in the arteries and a decrease in their lumen.The second - the mechanical pressure of the vessels with the transformation of the vertebrae often manifests itself when the neck turns, a prolonged uncomfortable position.
All these transformations, regardless of their origin, provoke a breakdown in the blood supply to the tissues of the nervous system.. In this situation, oxygen starvation, lack of nutrients. Therefore, it is necessary to correct the disorder medication.
How is the therapy for NKGM and osteochondrosis?
When treating problems of cerebral circulation in osteochondrosis, the following goals should be achieved:
- Increase the lumen of the arteries.
- To restore the brain, increase the supply of oxygen to neurons.
- Stimulate blood flow, due to the expansion of blood.
- To restore the state of the spine in the cervical region.
These procedures are performed in a comprehensive manner.
Circulatory disorders in the brain with cervical osteochondrosis: symptoms and treatment
Do you have a regular headache for no apparent reason? You started to sleep badly, and your memory began to deteriorate rapidly? And added to this frequent headaches and aches in the shoulder girdle?
You can "congratulate": it is probably a problem with the spine. Or rather, with his neck department. And to be completely accurate, all of the above symptoms suggest that your osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is progressing. He is able to seriously worsen your life.
Cervical osteochondrosis leads to impaired blood supply to the brain tissue, which is the cause of most of the symptoms listed above.
In addition, this pathology leads to the development of encephalopathy - a serious disease of the brain.
Treatment of osteochondrosis is quite complicated, it requires a lot of time and effort. Before discussing the treatment of this disease, it is necessary to say a few words about the causes of its occurrence, as well as the pathogenesis of osteochondrosis.
How to improve your life, avoid failures and heal like all successful people?
- Hard to live
- Chased by diseases
- Constantly some trouble
- Does not work to findGood work
- Do not get along with relatives and loved ones
- Many things tried but there are still no results
Symptoms of the disease and effective treatment of cerebral blood flow disorders in case of cervical osteochondrosis
All information on the site is provided for informational purposes only. Before applying any recommendations be sure to consult a doctor. Self-medication can be dangerous to your health.
When a cerebral circulatory disorder is diagnosed by a doctor in cervical osteochondrosis, treatment is required immediately.
Often, headaches that have become customary for an individual, constant lack of sleep, memory loss are directly related to osteochondrosis of the cervical region. It has a significant negative effect on the blood supply to the human brain. Timely applied therapy allows you to improve the blood circulation of the brain, while increasing blood flow. In addition, it helps in the restoration of intervertebral discs, that is, eliminates the very reason that causes the development of a pathological condition.
1 Healing actions
The therapy required in identifying this destructive state includes several main treatment strategies:
- an increase in the lumen in the vessels supplying the brain with blood,
- enrichment of the brain with oxygen and, as a result, restoration of its working capacity,
- dilution of blood to facilitate its current through the vessels,
- improving the health of the spine.
The first of these ways of treatment involves the use of mandatory means of drug therapy.Most often these are medications that promote relaxation of smooth muscles, so they allow you to dilate blood vessels. This kind of pharmacological production reduces the frequency of nerve impulses responsible for vasospasm, providing blood flow. The group of such drugs include: Actovegin, Eufillin, Trental, Xanthinol nicotinate. The best named Trental, since only he from among the vasodilator drugs also improves the rheological properties of blood.
Taking drugs with antioxidant action helps to reduce the process of negative peroxidation of fats, as well as disruption of the integrity of the membranes of nerve cells. Preparations from this group are presented in the form of Mexidol and Vitamin E.
Nootropic preparations are also used, the purpose of which is to improve the metabolic processes in the brain tissues.
To improve cerebral circulation caused by osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, so-called venotonics are used. Their main purpose is to increase venous blood outflow and restore microcirculation.
In cases of acute complications in the form of cerebral edema, diuretics and osmodiuretics are prescribed.
There is also the use of histamine mediator analogs, and the need for them is due to the property of activating histamine receptors and reducing the manifestation of symptoms of an imbalance.
Do not forget about the use of vitamin preparations, which have a positive effect not only on the metabolic processes in neurons, but also on the improvement of cognitive functions.
Of particular importance is the use of chondroprotectors. They restore the surface of blood vessels that were damaged during the development of the pathological process.
Improving the state of cerebral blood flow may depend on many factors of the patient’s individual characteristics and the course of the disease. That is why the selection of adequate treatment with drugs can be trusted only to an experienced doctor, who, based on the data obtained during the diagnosis, will be able to adequately assess the situation and prescribe an effective therapy. It is better to refuse self-treatment and services of suspicious manual therapists.
Treatment of disorders of cerebral circulation in cervical osteochondrosis
The decrease in the intensity of blood circulation in the cerebral vessels is a serious condition that develops against the background of various diseases in the human body, including spinal osteochondrosis. Despite its long duration, it represents a serious threat to the patient's health. In this regard, the treatment of disorders of cerebral circulation in cervical osteochondrosis is an important task of modern medicine.
Violation of cerebral circulation
Causes of cerebral circulatory disorders
Disturbances of cerebral circulation are divided into two large groups: acute and chronic. Acute, as a rule, manifest as transient ischemic attacks and ischemic strokes. Chronic conditions are of greater interest and are associated with various human diseases. A similar condition can occur against the background of atherosclerosis of the carotid arteries and their branches, with diabetes mellitus, as a result of changes in blood vessels against the background of hypertensive disease. However, very often the deterioration of cerebral circulation occurs against the background of osteochondrosis in the cervical spine.
The main manifestations of the disease
At the initial stage of the disease, patients usually experience chronic fatigue syndrome associated with insufficient blood supply to the brain. A person has problems with sleep, he quickly physically and intellectually gets tired, there are headaches and dizziness. Mood is changing rapidly for no apparent reason. People complain of memory loss.With the progression of disturbances, the symptoms are aggravated - the memory becomes even worse, the performance is significantly reduced. Dementia gradually develops with impaired speech and coordination in space.
Treatment of disorders of cerebral circulation
Long-term current impairment of blood supply leads to damage and death of neurons in the brain, in particular in the cerebral cortex. Therefore, treatment of cerebral circulatory disorders in osteochondrosis of the cervical spine should be aimed at maintaining the viability of neurons and normalizing blood flow in the cerebral arteries.
All types of treatment can be divided into two large groups: drug and non-drug.
The most important point in the treatment is a diet with a reduced amount of simple carbohydrates, lipids, as well as the exclusion of spicy, hot dishes. By maintaining a certain diet, the likelihood of concomitant diseases joining the cervical osteochondrosis, which can impair cerebral circulation and significantly complicate the long-term prognosis for the patient, is significantly reduced. Such diseases include diabetes and atherosclerosis.
In addition to the diet, of great importance for treatment is the implementation of therapeutic exercises aimed at strengthening the ligaments and muscles of the neck and back, as well as improving blood circulation in this anatomical region. With the same purpose, all the patients are shown a massage of the neck area. However, all these manipulations should be carried out either by the doctor or after prior training, as there is a risk to worsen the patient's condition. It is very important to observe regularity, not to miss the sessions of massage and physiotherapy.
Physiotherapeutic procedures are applied with great efficiency - magnetic therapy, laser therapy, UHF-therapy, etc. However, such procedures can be performed only during periods of remission of the underlying disease.
Drugs that improve cerebral circulation in cervical osteochondrosis are the most important link in the treatment of this disease. Cerebrolysin, Vinpocetine and Cavinton are most commonly used. These drugs are shown to all patients with disorders of cerebral circulation as a means of first-line therapy. However, this is not the only group of drugs used to combat the death of neurons.
Nootropics are used to protect neurons from hypoxia (oxygen deficiency) and nutrient deficiencies. These drugs include Fenotropil, Piracetam, Nootropil and others. These drugs are often combined with the simultaneous use of antioxidants that reduce stress for nerve cells (Dihydroquercetin, Mexidol, Tocopherol, etc.). The combination of such drugs can improve brain activity, memory, human attention, as well as improve performance.
Histaminergic drugs - Betagistin, Betaserk, Vazoserk, etc., have a good therapeutic effect. Their use allows activating special receptors in the balance organ in the inner ear. Regular intake of these drugs reduces the severity of dizziness, disturbances in the motor sphere and coordination of movements. There is evidence that such drugs improve the conduct of nerve impulses along the nerves.
It is also necessary to remember about the treatment of the underlying disease, i.e. cervical osteochondrosis. The drugs of choice here are chondroprotectors (Teraflex, Chondroitin, Dona). These drugs improve metabolic processes in cartilage tissue and contribute to the restoration of cartilage articular surfaces, which reduces the progression of osteochondrosis and the development of severe complications.
It is important not to self-medicate.If any symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis or cerebrovascular accident occur, it is necessary to immediately contact your doctor for diagnostic measures and the appointment of timely rational treatment. This approach allows you to stop the progression of the disease and the development of complications from the central nervous system.
Like this article? Share on social networks:
The main brain contains about 25 billion nerve cells, gray, white matter, soft and hard shell. All of them perform important functions of brain activity. But when the blood flow is hampered, it leads to a malfunction of the brain, the destruction of nerve endings. Any violation of the brain leads to the loss of the full function.
Disruption of cerebral circulation is an insufficient amount of incoming blood to the gray mass of the brain. Similarly, cervical osteochondrosis manifests itself. The defeat of the skeleton leads to the infringement of vessels, the nerve endings on which blood moves. At the same time, in the cervical vertebrae, the spinal arteries are located, which are subjected to compression by intervertebral disks clamped by muscles.
This phenomenon provokes stenosis of blood vessels, becomes a source of circulatory failure, disrupts its normal operation. Also increases the amount of salt in the blood, lymphatic fluid.
With such a diagnosis, the patient feels constant pain in the head, which have moderate intensity. At the same time, the sensitivity increases dramatically, there is poor light tolerance, fuzzy vision of objects. It becomes difficult to move the neck to the side. And when the patient is in an uncomfortable posture for a long time, the pain syndrome may intensify.
The causes of blood flow disorders include many factors:
- Atherosclerosis is a disease that prevents the free passage of blood (through the formation of plaque in the vessel). Over time, due to the increase in the dimension of the plaque, a thrombus forms, which closes the lumen. In some cases, a blood clot can break off and get through the vascular system to the centers of the brain. Such an action leads to disruption of the blood supply, and much worse to stroke.
- Hypertension - accompanied by high blood pressure.
- Chronic fatigue can cause cerebral blood supply to malfunction.
- A bruise, trauma, concussion causes, first of all, compression of the brain center, and secondly, it leads to death.
- Excessive physical exertion, inactivity throughout the day (sedentary work).
- Surgery on the skull - characterized by disorders and complications of blood flow.
In violation of the blood circulation of the brain centers, oxygen starvation occurs. Each symptom indicates the presence of the disease, so an urgent need to visit a neurologist.
So, what are the clinical symptoms of the disease:
- Eye pain - occurs when a person moves the eyeball, trying to focus on the object. The intensity increases throughout the day.
- Nausea - characterized by vomiting, dizziness. May be associated with other signs at the same time. Refers to the symptoms of stroke.
- Headache - increasing pain syndrome, subsides after taking an analgesic.
- Dizziness - is accompanied by a malfunction in the part of the brain that controls the coordination of movements, balance. Atrophy of matter causes this process.
- Psycho-emotional state - there is a cramp, numbness of limbs, chills, fever, high pressure, a vague understanding of reality.
Danger and consequences
Of course, insufficient blood supply to the cerebral cortex can lead to negative consequences. These include:
- Hemorrhagic stroke - occurs on the background of blood in the brain. As a result, it begins to squeeze, pressure increases, there is a pulsation in the back of the head. Rapid blood flow worsens the patient's condition and, very seriously, leads to death.
- Ischemic stroke - pathology is accompanied by nausea, vomiting. Affects the functioning of the organs of the entire biosystem, adversely affects the speech, motor ability.
- Ischemic attack - is considered a temporary phenomenon that can be eliminated by medication. Mostly manifested in the elderly. Visual, musculoskeletal function worsens, numbness, tingling of fingers, drowsiness is felt.
In addition, there may be a retardation of mental activity, a decrease in intelligence, other abilities. A person experiences irritability, distraction, aggressiveness, displeasure.
Treatment of circulatory pathology is carried out in two directions:
- Identification and elimination of the cause of the problem.
- Symptoms and complex therapy.
With the help of medicines and therapeutic measures (massage, exercise therapy, physical therapy), you can achieve a positive and speedy recovery. But all procedures must be carried out under the supervision of a doctor.
Chronic disturbance of the blood flow of the main brain should be treated with drugs so as not to harm the neurons, improve metabolism, and normalize blood flow. The attending physician selects the medicine individually for each patient. Take the drug is, adhering to the recommendations, instructions.
The tool should expand the lumen of blood vessels, facilitate blood flow, resume impaired function, thin the blood. To improve cerebral circulation in cervical osteochondrosis, the following drugs are used:
- Antioxidants - reduce damage to the integrity of the membrane, fat oxidation. Mexidol is effective.
- They improve blood flow, venous blood is removed, vessels dilate: Tanakan, Vinpocetine, Cavinton.
- Venotonics - restore microcirculation, improve blood flow, have an angioprotective effect. These include: Phlebodia, Detralex, Diosmin.
- Nootropic drugs - improve blood supply in case of illness. Renew memory, speech, thinking, help to improve the metabolism of nutrients. Strengthen the stability of neurons, counteract the occurrence of hypoxia, ischemia. Preparations: Piracetam, Fezam, Citicolin, Ceraxon.
- Histaminergic drugs - reduce the sign of vestibular disorders, activate the receptors of the inner ear, the passage of the impulse along the nerve receptor. They relate: Vestibo, Betaserk, Betagistin.
- Vitamin complex - increases metabolism, cognitive function. Improvement give such drugs: Cytoflavin, Neurobeks.
- Chondroprotectors - revive the surface of the joint, which was affected by the degenerative process. Arthron, Chondroitin, Teraflex are used.
But remember! It is impossible to independently engage in treatment without consulting a doctor. After all, the drug is a serious, chemical substance that should be taken as intended by a specialist.
Correct sleeping position
As you know, a person should sleep around 6-7 hours so that the body can relax, relax, gain strength during sleep. At the same time, the posture should be such that all muscles can relax without putting pressure on the spine. How to sleep, to avoid insomnia, headaches in the morning and possible impairment of the brain? There are certain rules for this:
- The head should lie on a small, level pillow, the legs are half bent, on the side, while the shoulder rests on a non-rigid mattress.
- On the back with bent legs. In this position, the intervertebral discs, cartilage is not tense.
- Embryo pose.Legs pull up to the chest, lie on its side. For a comfortable sleep, you can put a pillow under the knee of the upper limb.
And refuse to sleep on your stomach! In this case, the cervical vertebrae are energized. As a result, there is a risk of deterioration of blood circulation in the brain.
To adjust the blood flow process can be achieved by performing simple exercises:
- Take a standing position, head tilted forward, arms bent into a fist and pressed to the shoulders. Elbows should be raised high, and the head on the contrary lowered as low as possible.
- We are in a standing pose, limbs are bent in elbows, to do jerks back, having got alternately one, then another.
- Slowly perform the head bend to the shoulders in the left and right sides. After performing turns with his head.
Take into account during long sitting work, it is necessary to change the position, stand, walk, and make sure that your back is even all the time. It is important not to overload the upper vertebra. Therapeutic gymnastics does not fully cure, it needs to be combined with the intake of drugs, a physiotherapy procedure.
Physical procedure is the use of electromagnetic waves, current, along with drugs. The combination will contribute to the rapid correction of the patient, improve the condition of the vertebral discs. As a result of the session decreases inflammation, swelling, stabilization of blood vessels. Massage stimulates the blood flow of the problem area, strengthens the muscles of the cervical region. A specialist, knowing the problem, will select massage manipulations himself, so as not to aggravate the situation, but to help in treatment.
How to improve cerebral circulation in pathology of the cervical area? In case of detection of a rupture of the spinal disc, surgical intervention is applied. The doctor uses a radical way to eliminate the cause of pathology. In the case of an acute violation of blood flow, an operation is performed - laminectomy, which consists in removing the damaged intervertebral cartilage. In addition, medical professionals in their practice use angioplasty - the restoration of arteries, which improves blood flow in cervical osteochondrosis.
This happens due to a spasm of the vessels located in the brain parts and the membrane. Increased pressure may also be affected. Headache symptoms can manifest themselves as a migraine and be constant, or flare up unexpectedly, and pain can occur in different areas.
- Sometimes the painful sensation increases with the movement of the head or eyes, and the nature of the pain can be both sharp and intense.
- The attack can be direct in the morning, immediately after waking up, the reason for the uncomfortable position of the head during sleep.
Impaired cerebral blood flow causes nauseous sensation.
- This may also be the cause of poor appetite, followed by weight loss, which leads to a lack of nutrients in the body.
- The lack of sufficient oxygen in the inner ear, and improper flow of blood through the vessels of the spine, causes vomiting, which occurs during movements.
The possibility of loss of consciousness
Impaired blood circulation leads to a temporary interruption of blood flow in the arteries of the brain. Arterial cramps lead to this. If you need to bring a person to feelings, he is placed horizontally while the legs are raised. This method removes blood from the legs, rushing it to the head. After loss of consciousness, sometimes there are problems with the speech and motor plan, but since interruption of blood circulation occurs for a short period, the problems described are eliminated.
Squeezing of intervertebral disks and, as a result, nerves
Treatment without medication
Such measures do not use drugs that are similar to preventive ones.For patients, doing something of the following is recommended only for remission, while the rest will be useful for prevention. See also how to cure osteochondrosis of the cervical at home.
- Lead a healthy lifestyle . No matter how banal it is, but by removing from your daily habits such as alcohol and smoking, as well as choosing the right diet together with a suitable regime responsible for physical activity, all this will help minimize the risk of osteochondrosis and other diseases. What should be the physical activity is selected based on what other diseases are associated with such as diabetes and so on.
- Medical gymnastic elements of exercise . The selection is exactly the nature of the pathologies, its course in cervical osteochondrosis and additional individual characteristics. Massage procedures help to relax the muscles of the spine, which allows blood circulation and reduce the load on the nerve roots in the cervical region.
Physiotherapy and alternative treatment
From physiotherapy, electrophoresis is most often used. Its essence is in a local increase in temperature and improvement of blood circulation, which relieves muscle spasm, eliminates pain and speeds up the process of treatment. In general, any thermal procedures lead to the removal of muscle spasm and improvement of blood circulation.
- Compression of the vertebral artery by osteophytes of the uncovertebral articulation,
- Popular treatment of osteochondrosis using non-traditional methods - acupuncture, hirudotherapy (treatment with leeches), osteopathy.
Even a small load on the upper section can lead to the development of cervical osteochondrosis - this area of the spine is very vulnerable. Degenerative changes that lead to the formation of osteophytes (growths on bone tissue) contribute to the irritation and tension of nearby muscles, which in response to the effects exert even greater pressure on the cartilage and joints. This leads to the progression of the disease - compression of the arteries and nerves.
Hypodynamia (lack of motor activity).
For this purpose, chondroprotectors are used - drugs that improve the metabolic processes in cartilage.
Vertigo with cervical osteochondrosis: what are the causes and how to treat?
Of non-pharmacological agents, massage, physiotherapy, physical therapy, manual therapy and other treatment methods are widely used.
Of all the abundance of the range of vasodilating drugs, the most frequently used for NKGM: aminophylline, pentoxifylline, xanthinol nicotinate, vinpocetine and others. Let's look at them in more detail.In conclusion, it is worth mentioning the topic of prevention of such violations. To avoid having to take pills that improve blood circulation in the brain, you need to avoid a passive lifestyle - moderate exercise can increase the blood circulation of the entire body, including the brain. Also during thermal procedures in the bath, sauna, there is an improvement in blood flow. It should be remembered that overweight, smoking, drinking alcohol - all of these are risk factors for atherosclerosis.
There are initial violations of blood circulation in the brain, acute and chronic.
Causes of dizziness and other cerebral disorders in cervical osteochondrosis
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) - visualization of the affected area of the brain, the most informative study of the disease.
- Symptoms of acute cerebral circulatory disorders will have a different picture in each individual type of disease, but at the same time a similar clinic of functional impairment of the brain.
- Effective assistance in the treatment of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine can be provided by a modern drug - a therapeutic anesthetic anti-inflammatory patch NANOPLAST forte.
- Frank nerve irritation (nerve plexus covering the vertebral artery) with osteophytes or intervertebral hernia (or simply protrusion of the disc).
Mandatory in complex treatment is physiotherapy. Find out what exercises you can do yourself. What offers traditional medicine for the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis, read here.
With serious degenerative changes in the cartilage tissue and the absence of treatment, the so-called “radicular syndrome” may develop - a lesion of the cervical nerves. This leads to the intensification and progression of all the above symptoms and can also cause a disturbance of speech, breathing and even such a rare phenomenon as constant hiccups.
Manifestations of cervical osteochondrosis are quite diverse. These include:
In conclusion, it should be noted that only a doctor who is a specialist in spinal diseases should prescribe treatment.
It affects directly the smooth muscles of the vessels, that is, it is a spasmolytic (suppresses muscle spasm). Due to this action can significantly improve peripheral and cerebral circulation. Often used by electrophoresis.
Vertebral Artery Syndrome
Now you know how to improve the blood circulation of the brain. We hope our advice will help you maintain good health for many years.In the initial stage of the disease, there is increased fatigue, dizziness, tinnitus, pain in the eyes, sleep disturbances, headaches, especially after intense mental or physical work.Acute disorders of cerebral circulation require emergency assistance of specialists. With strokes, care should be directed primarily at maintaining the functionality of vital organs. Basic treatment of cerebral circulatory disorders includes providing the patient with proper blood circulation and respiration, reducing cerebral edema, correcting water and electrolyte disorders, as well as normalizing blood pressure. Such procedures must be carried out in the hospital.
Symptoms of cerebral circulatory disorders are different:
In the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis, the NANOPLAST forte medical patch allows you to relieve pain and inflammation, improve blood circulation in the affected area, relieve muscle spasms. Depending on the condition and severity of the degenerative changes in the spine, the drug can be used in monotherapy and in the complex treatment of osteochondrosis. The use of NANOPLAST plaster in complex treatment allows reducing the dose of anesthetics and anti-inflammatory drugs, enhancing their effect, and speeding up recovery processes.
Vertigo as a symptom of diencephalic syndrome in cervical osteochondrosis
Due to degenerative changes in the cervical vertebrae, leading to thinning and deformation of the intervertebral disc, formation of osteophyte bone growths in the intervertebral space and spinal joints, the spinal canal elements located there are squeezed. Occurring osteophytes, depending on the place of formation and direction of growth, irritate the nervous and vascular tissues.
Since the most common cause of cervical osteochondrosis is the lack of movement and incorrect body position, the best preventative measure will be therapeutic exercises that can be performed at the workplace - in a sitting or standing position.
An inflamed root can gradually occupy the entire area of the spinal canal, which causes an increase in pain syndromes and serious disorders in the nervous regulation of the limbs and facial muscles. Violation of cerebral circulation can cause a weakening of intellectual abilities, memory, attention and lead to stroke.
Treatment of vertigo with cervical osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis is a complex of dystrophic and degenerative disorders in the cartilage tissue of the vertebral discs. The disease can develop in the cervical, thoracic or lumbar spine. Osteochondrosis is accompanied by painful sensations and disorders of the vascular and nervous systems.
Causes an increase in blood flow in the microvasculature. Improves rheological properties of blood (viscosity and fluidity). It has mediated vasodilator property.
The severity of these manifestations directly depends on the degree of damage to the spine in the cervical region.
If you do not pay attention to these symptoms in time, then circulatory disorders will become chronic, characterized by progressive memory impairment, lethargy, irritability, headaches, altered consciousness, fainting, reduced intelligence.
Treatment of cervical osteochondrosis with a medical plaster NANOPLAST forte
Subsequent treatment of cerebral circulatory disorders is the elimination of the cause that caused the disorder, as well as the restoration of impaired function and blood flow in the brain.
Subjective: dizziness, headache, tingling sensation and "crawling goosebumps",
The patch combines two types of physiotherapy effects - deep soft warming and magnetotherapeutic properties. Long-term exposure - for 12 hours - provides a high therapeutic effect of the drug.
Osteophytes directed to the muscles cause their reflex spasm, which leads to compression of the intervertebral discs, impaired blood supply to the structures of the spine (nerves, cartilage tissues), which aggravates the course of the disease. Osteophytes, directed to the canal from the transverse processes, irritate Fran's sympathetic nerve, which leads to spasm of the vertebral artery, and also mechanically squeeze this artery, provoking a violation of the cerebral circulation.
Violation of cerebral circulation - symptoms, treatment
To prevent the disease, it is also necessary to visit an orthopedist from a very early age and carry out timely correction of posture disorders.Osteochondrosis occurs with periods of exacerbations, when all the symptoms appear especially sharply, and periods of remission. The duration of remission depends on the patient's lifestyle and the preventive measures that he takes.
Pain in the upper limbs, aggravated by the slightest exertion,
Causes of cerebrovascular accident
This type of disease is most common and occurs even in young people. Cervical osteochondrosis is the most dangerous, as it is accompanied by pinching of the nerve root, departing from the spinal cord and impaired intracranial circulation as a result of the pressure of deformed intervertebral discs on the blood vessels.
It relaxes the muscular wall of the cerebral vessels, increases blood circulation in the affected areas of it. Improves the transport of oxygen and nutrients to the brain tissue.
In the bone canals, which are formed by the transverse processes of the cervical vertebrae, the paired vertebral artery passes. She is responsible for the blood supply to the cervical spinal cord and nearly a third of the brain structures.
Acute disorders of the venous circulation include strokes, cerebral hemorrhages, and arterial thrombosis.
Types of violations
Chronic circulatory disorders are usually treated with drugs that improve blood flow in the arteries and the rheological properties of blood. Also carry out the normalization of blood pressure and blood cholesterol. Normalization of blood circulation in the brain prevents the development of stroke and other serious diseases of the cardiovascular system.So, along with the procedures, doctors often prescribe drugs for the treatment of vascular disorders. For example, the combined drug Vasobral improves blood circulation and metabolism in the brain. The components of the drug prevent thrombosis, reduce the permeability of the walls of blood vessels, increase the resistance of brain tissue to oxygen deficiency, increase mental and physical performance. Clinically proven efficacy of the drug in the prevention of headaches.
Violation of the motor function of the body: paresis (partial immobilization of the limb) and paralysis (complete loss of movements of any part of the body),
- When treating cervical osteochondrosis, NANOPLAST forte is applied to a disturbing neck area, avoiding the anterior surface, especially the carotid artery and lymph node zones. A course of treatment of 9 days or more is recommended. It is usually recommended to use the patch in the morning for 12 hours, but it is possible to apply it overnight.
- Another reason for the compression of the nerve of the Frank and the vertebral artery is the displacement of the disc in the posterior lateral and lateral directions or the protrusion of a herniated disc inside the intervertebral canal.
- Prevents osteochondrosis and proper nutrition, providing the body with essential micronutrients. At the same time, one should not allow overeating, since overweight is one of the causes of excessive load on the vertebral discs.
The diagnosis is established on the basis of characteristic symptoms, as well as using:
Symptoms of cerebral circulatory disorders
Muscle tension and limited mobility of the neck, especially in the morning,
The vertebral artery, the largest blood vessel that feeds the brain, passes through the holes in the cervical vertebrae. Pressure on this artery can lead to such dangerous complications as ischemic brain disease and even stroke.
- Vinpocetine has antioxidant properties, reduces blood viscosity. It increases the resistance of brain tissue to hypoxia (oxygen starvation).
- During the formation of osteochondrosis, pathological changes occur in the intervertebral disc and, in fact, the cervical vertebrae. All these changes directly affect the state of the vessels.
- Before starting treatment, it is necessary to establish the cause of the poor blood circulation in the brain. It has been established that the most frequent cause is osteochondrosis of the cervical spine. Medicines in this case will not help. Doctors-neurologists recommend treatment for such patients with methods of manual therapy, reflex therapy, therapeutic gymnastics, massage.
- Reading books, training memory and intellectual abilities also help slow down the progression of the process. Unfortunately, it will not be possible to completely return all lost functions, but it is in your power not to allow the situation to get worse.
- Decrease in the functionality of the sense organs (hearing or vision),
- High efficiency, uniqueness of the composition, long-term (up to 12 hours!) Therapeutic effects, ease of use and affordable price make NANOPLAST forte the means of choice in the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis.
- In old age, manifestations of osteochondrosis can be aggravated by atherosclerotic changes in the vertebral arteries. Often there is a combination of several pathological factors.
When carrying weights, care should be taken to distribute the load properly.
- Pains when bending and turning the head,
- The tight fit of the vertebrae of the cervical region to each other leads to the fact that the slightest displacement of them leads to compression of the nerves and blood vessels. This leads to a decrease in skin sensitivity, partial hearing and vision loss, and other nervous disorders.
- It causes the expansion of peripheral blood vessels and increases microcirculation.Improves blood circulation in the brain. Reduces manifestations of cerebral (cerebral) hypoxia. It also improves metabolic processes (metabolism) in the brain tissue.
Medicinal plants, bee products, other means of traditional medicine are used as a supplement to the traditional problems with blood supply to the brain, if the patient has osteochondrosis. The selection of medications in this case is carried out taking into account the symptoms, restoration of the work of the CNS, homeopathic remedies and plants based on the extract of ginkgo leaves, ginseng.
More attention needs to be paid to diet. Food that can cause puffiness should be excluded from the diet. These products include: canned food, smoked meats, alcoholic beverages. Doctors advise to add to the diet food that helps strengthen the vertebral discs: beans, nuts, cheeses, dairy products.
When osteochondrosis develops in a complex form, accompanied by increased pain and numbness of the upper limbs, an operation has to be performed. Often the procedure refers to extreme measures to eliminate the disease.. It will be possible to resort to it only in the absence of the effectiveness of other methods. A good result from the operation is not always possible to obtain.