Gymnastics for the neck is necessary for people whose activities are associated with long-term work on the computer, heavy physical exertion and elderly patients. Changes that occur in old age, and excessive loads lead to muscle spasm and the appearance of pain. Long stay at the computer contributes to impaired blood circulation in the cervical spine and reduce the supply of oxygen to the tissues.
Cervical gymnastics Shishonin helps relieve pain, allows you to restore movement in the joints and the elasticity of muscle tissue. Exercises for the neck correct the work of deep muscles, increase their tone, which leads to increased blood supply to the brain, reduction of pain and improvement of well-being.
Indications and Contraindications
Gymnastics for Shishonin provides for the implementation of natural movements in the spine, which eliminates the possibility of injury and the appearance of pain.
Therapeutic gymnastics for the cervical spine has the following indications:
- herniated intervertebral discs
- violation of cerebral blood supply,
- increased arterial and intracranial pressure,
- daytime sleepiness
- frequent dizziness,
- memory loss
- increased intellectual load
- the postoperative period,
- low physical activity
- sedentary work.
Exercises for the cervical Shishonin are contraindicated in such conditions as:
- inflammatory and infectious diseases, accompanied by fever,
- period of exacerbation of chronic pathology.
The essence of the method of Shishonin
Gymnastics Dr. Shishonin for the neck helps to strengthen the neck and pectoral muscles, normalizes their tone. This reduces spasm of muscle tissue and its tension. As a result, blood circulation is improved in tissues suffering from lack of oxygen, reducing the risk of arterial and intracranial hypertension. A complex of exercises for the neck also relieves pain, normalizes the work of the nervous system and sleep, restores working ability.
General rules for implementation
When performing gymnastics for neck pain, it is important to observe some rules:
- It is allowed to start exercise therapy for Shishonin only during the period of remission,
- can only be practiced after medical consultation and diagnosis,
- during the performance of cervical gymnastics you need to monitor your breathing and pulse. In case of their increase, it is necessary to reduce the intensity of the exercises and reduce the number of repetitions,
- the back should be held correctly, it depends on how effective is gymnastics for the neck,
- Alexander Shishonin's exercises in the first 14-21 days are performed daily, then three times a week,
- The main condition for gymnastics for the cervical vertebrae is regular exercise and precision in performing the movements.
Set of exercises
The complex of Dr. Shishonin’s exercises is convenient in that it can be performed even at work. It does not take much time to study. The basic complex of gymnastics for Shishonin’s neck includes 7 exercises, each repeated at least 5 times.
To perform should take a sitting position. Slowly tilt your head to the right to the shoulder joint until a feeling of muscular tension appears. In this position to be for 0.5 minutes, then do the same in the opposite direction.
The following neck exercise for Shishonin. Head down and hold for half a minute. Then from this position pull the chin for 30 seconds.
"Look to the sky"
Turn the head until muscle tension appears and fix for half a minute. Do the same in the other direction.
In this exercise from gymnastics on Shishonin, the muscles of the shoulder are involved. Put the right hand on the left shoulder joint, elbow to keep parallel to the floor. Turn the head to the left until a slight soreness appears. In this position, lock for 30 seconds, then lower the right limb and put it on the knee. Similar movements to do with the opposite side.
This element of gymnastics according to Shishonin is carried out in the same way as “Looking into the sky”, but in addition it is necessary to bend the upper limbs at the elbows and join the palms above the head.
This exercise from the complex of Dr. Shishonin will be performed from a sitting position. Slowly raise your chin and put your hands behind your back. In this position, hold on for at least 30 seconds, and then return to the starting position. Next, tilt your head first to the right shoulder joint, then to the left. It should be a little pressure on the neck with his hand.
This Shishonin exercise must be done standing up. Pull the cervical spine forward, slowly turn the head to the right until a slight soreness appears. Fix this position for 30 seconds. Then do the same in the opposite direction.
After therapeutic exercises for the neck according to Shishonin, it is desirable to do a massage. This will enhance the positive effects that exercise for the neck. You do not need to use the services of a professional masseur, you can do it yourself.
Massage of the neck along Shishonin is carried out from the occipital region to the shoulder blades. Begin with strokes and light compressions. As you move to the shoulder blades, the intensity of movements and pressure should be increased. Next, in a circular motion fingertips massage the vertebrae.
The next stage of the massage is to place the brush on the neck so that the thumb is in front, and the rest of the fingers are on its back surface. Perform plucking movements, moving from top to bottom.
Complete the massage should be stroking from top to bottom on the front surface of the neck.
This procedure can be performed not only after a gymnastics session according to Shishonin, but also before it. Massage helps to warm up the muscle tissue, increase its elasticity and facilitate movements in the cervical spine.
Gymnastics Shishonin - a way to quickly get rid of pain in the neck, headaches, dizziness, insomnia. It will help in the prevention of pathologies such as osteochondrosis, arterial and intracranial hypertension, herniated intervertebral discs. However, positive effects are possible only with proper and regular exercise and the absence of contraindications.
Author: Vladislav Spiridonov, specialist,
specially for Mama66
Indications for gymnastics Shishonin
The technique developed by Dr. Shishonin, is shown to people with the following diseases:
- Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine.
- Chronic headache and vertigo.
- Vegetative dystonia.
- Chronically high blood pressure.
- Memory impairment, weakened attention.
- Insomnia at night and increased sleepiness during the day.
- Increased intracranial pressure. This pathology can lead to stroke, that is, rupture of the brain vessel, as a result - instantaneous death from hemorrhage in the brain.
The effectiveness of the treatment method according to Shishonin depends not only on the regularity and correctness of the exercises, but also on the fact that the complex is used along with drug therapy. That is, only a comprehensive treatment will bring relief and healing for cervical osteochondrosis.
Contraindications to gymnastics Sishonin
Like any treatment, the gymnastics of Dr. Shishonin’s neck have a number of contraindications. It can not be done with:
- Increased pain syndrome. All exercises for the spine can be done only in the absence of pain. If it appears, the exercise must be stopped.
- Increased body temperature. In this case, a person very quickly loses control over his coordination, can fall and injure himself.
- The presence of malignant tumors not only in the spine, but also in any other organ.
- Infectious or inflammatory diseases. First of all, it is necessary to cure all these inflammations.
- Pregnancy. In this case, the increased load on the spine of the mother can harm both her body and the child, up to the termination of pregnancy.
- The presence of bleeding. The danger is both internal bleeding and external. When performing gymnastics, it can increase, and the person will first lose consciousness, and then die from blood loss.
Before carrying out gymnastics for a neck at osteochondrosis it is necessary to familiarize with the general recommendations. The intensity of training should gradually decrease, so the first 2 weeks they pass every day, then their number decreases to 3 times a week.
Performing any exercise from the complex of Shishonin, the back should be kept straight - this is the main condition for success. In the rest of the time, in everyday life, it is also necessary to ensure that the back always remains straight.
For the correct performance of exercise therapy for Sishonin, training can be carried out in front of a mirror. Before you start training, you should warm up your body with several pull-ups on the bar and light gymnastics: waving your arms, bending over and running in place. And the last recommendation is that all exercises should be done with a smile and faith in full recovery.
Exercises for osteoporosis: therapeutic exercises
For the treatment of joints, our readers successfully use Artrade. Seeing the popularity of this tool, we decided to offer it to your attention.
Read more here ...
The sedentary lifestyle, which today has flooded all conceivable and inconceivable pastime of modern people, makes itself felt significant violations in the restructuring of the musculoskeletal system. One of them is osteoporosis. This disease is characterized by disorders in the microarchitecture of the bone, which consist in reducing growth, pain on palpation of the spinal bones, the appearance of slouching and a decrease in the height of the spinal column.
Physical education for the elderly
Physical therapy for older people has several features due to their limited execution of certain movements and due to the fact that osteoporosis makes the bones more fragile, and in older people and in addition to this there is demineralization of bones.
Basically, all exercises for osteoporosis are performed either lying on your back or lying on your stomach:
- All exercises performed on the back are to strain the muscles and ligamentous apparatus of the spine as much as possible by alternating stresses and leg leads, lifting the neck and lifting individual parts of the body.
- Exercises performed in the prone position are based on lifting the body like a “boat” or lower limbs. All movements in osteoporosis are performed on the statics, and not on the quantities or speed.
The most significant problem of sedentary work is not only the constantly numb neck, because this feature is only the tip of the iceberg.
The main consequences of these disorders are increased intracranial pressure, increased blood pressure and chronically headaches. In order to prevent the manifestation of these symptoms, you can use one of the most effective and proven tools - Dr. Shishonin's gymnastics for osteoporosis.
Exercises Bubnovsky or Shishonin
Especially popular exercises of this doctor got in 2008, when he appeared to the general public his disc with the same name. The name of this doctor is known in wide circles, as she is the head of the clinic, aimed at the physical rehabilitation of patients. Therefore, the words of Dr. Shishonin can be fully adhered to. My patients use a proven tool, through which you can get rid of pain in 2 weeks without much effort.
In his work, Dr. Shishonin developed a set of easy-to-perform, but extremely effective exercises that are aimed at developing the cervical spine in osteoporosis. The doctor himself claims that often all health problems in people of adult age are associated with the problem of blood circulation.
The reasons that contribute to this condition are strained muscles of the cervical region, over time, losing its former elasticity. For this reason, the blood flow in a certain area is hampered, and the stiff muscles contribute to muscle squeezing, which is why pain occurs.
In many sources, the gymnastics of Dr. Shishonin with osteoporosis is called the neck exercises according to Bubnovsky. This dissonance arose from the place of origin of the exercises themselves, as they were developed in the same-name clinic. Exercises are chosen with incredible accuracy, so they are suitable for people of any size, age and physical development.
Seven basic exercises complex Shishonin
Their main advantages are ease of implementation, low cost of time, efficiency, as well as the absence of the need for a large area for their implementation. The necessary movements need to be repeated approaches five times several times a day to prevent a crunch in the joints. The fundamental seven of Dr. Shishonin are:
- A metronome is a movement that consists of static swaying. To do this, you must straighten your back and slowly stretch the top of your head to the shoulder until a slight pain in the neck muscles appears, after briefly fixing in this position and moving to the other side.
- Spring - exercise, the essence of which is to pull out. First you need to tilt your head down and fix it, and then stretch your head silently forward and up, while fixing for a few seconds.
- A glance at the sky. To perform the movement correctly, you need to turn your head in the direction of one of the shoulders before the onset of pain, and then fix in this position for a few seconds. Repeatable in both directions.
- Exercise "Frame" is practically no different from the previous one, but is complemented by the impact of the shoulder section. To perform it, one of the hands must be placed on the shoulder so that the angle of the elbow is parallel to the floor, and the other is quietly placed on the knees.
- Exercise "Fakir" is performed with turns of the head in the right and left sides, but at the same time it is necessary to bend the arms at the elbows and squeeze the palms above the head.
- To carry out the “Heron” movement, you should put your hands on your feet, and try to reach upwards with your chin as far as possible, while taking your elbows behind your back. After exercise for osteoporosis, it is necessary to stretch the head with bends in different directions.
- Exercise "Goose" is performed in an upright position. It is necessary that the chin is parallel to the floor, and the neck is pulled forward. When discomfort is felt, it is necessary to lock in this position and reach to the shoulder.
Yoga for women
In addition to the diet for osteoporosis, during which a fairly large amount of calcium and minerals should be included in the daily diet, yoga can contribute to the treatment of this disease.
Exercise for osteoporosis for women has several advantages in the recovery period:
- strengthen muscles, improve its mobility, which helps to prevent relapse and further progression of the disease,
- improves blood circulation, thanks to which trophic bone improves,
- helps reduce tension between the vertebral discs,
- increase the elasticity of the spinal ligamentous apparatus,
- correction of posture and the state of the muscles that contribute to maintaining its shape.
The main advantage of these physical activities is the absence of contraindications, as medical gymnastics for osteoporosis does not require much effort, but only the systematic observance of classes and the desire to be healthy.
Cervical osteochondrosis is a treacherous disease characterized by intense pain in the neck and shoulders, compression of the intervertebral artery, impaired vision and hearing, loss of hand sensitivity. This disease with late treatment threatens splicing of the vertebrae and leads to disability. Treatment of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine should be comprehensive. It includes manual therapy, medication, physiotherapy, massage, and other treatments. An effective method of treatment is recognized gymnastics doctor Shishonin. It can be used to treat not only osteochondrosis, but also to rehabilitate the cervical region after an injury. This complex is recommended for people who suffer from high blood pressure.
More about gymnastics, its development and goals
This complex was developed and released on DVD in 2008. It is aimed at developing the deep tissues of the neck, eliminates the increased tone and tension of the muscles of this department, improves blood supply to the brain. Such gymnastics is unable to completely cure pathology, but successfully copes with unpleasant symptoms of pathology and temporarily slows down degenerative processes. It is very important that almost every patient can do all exercises with osteochondrosis. They are quite simple and do not require special medical devices or sports equipment. The patient can do it in the workplace and at home.
With the help of gymnastics Shishonin for the neck, it is possible to alleviate the condition in case of hypertension, disorders of cerebral blood supply, limited movement due to pain, sleep disorders. Such gymnastics is shown to people with dizzy, constant migraines, spasmodic neck muscles, memory deteriorates. It can be done even with vertebral hernia, if there are fainting, increased intracranial pressure. It will help such a complex and with an unbalanced diet, when salt deposition occurs in the articular tissue.
Often this complex goes under the second name, like the gymnastics of Bubnovsky, on behalf of the clinic where the development of therapeutic gymnastics took place.
What effect does it have?
The complex eliminates physical inactivity, removes congestion in the muscles. The patient after the gymnastic load immediately feels relieved, his migraines and discomfort in the affected area disappear. Gymnastics is effective for the prevention of complications of the disease, improves human well-being. With its help, it is possible to relax the muscles of the cervical region with their constant tension, the blood supply to the brain and the local blood circulation increase. Gymnastics Shishonin helps improve metabolic processes.
For greater efficiency of gymnastics, it is necessary to combine the exercises of Shishonin with a course of massage. This will help to quickly restore blood supply in the affected area, eliminate the limited movement, relieve pain and stop the degenerative destruction of tissues.
- Regular exercises help improve the muscular system.
- There is an increase in blood flow in the affected section.
- Improves muscle tone, eliminates muscle spasms.
- A set of exercises helps to fight sleep and stress disorders.
- It has a beneficial effect on the patient's nervous system.
- Reduces the number of episodes of hypertension.
- Is the prevention of vascular diseases.
- It removes the limitations of motor activity in the affected area.
Such exercises do not bear any harm and can be used at any stage of osteochondrosis, they are indicated by a patient of any age.
- Gymnastics is recommended for the following diseases and conditions:
- Chondrosis and osteochondrosis 1 and 2 degrees.
- The occurrence of a hernia between the vertebrae.
- Increased intracranial and blood pressure.
- Loss and clouding of consciousness.
- Sleep disturbance.
This complex can act as a preventive measure in the development of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, when a person arrives for a long time in uncomfortable static poses or moves a little.
What applies to them?
They are recommended to be performed if the patient does not require surgery to eliminate neurological symptoms.
You should not do the exercise if the body is inflammation, the temperature is raised to 37-38 degrees.
Description of gymnastics
Such gymnastics is based on fixing the position when the head and neck are turning for 10–15 seconds. During this time, the neck muscles have time to strain, a certain number of repetitions helps to get the desired effect. This is a kind of callanetics, in which people perform static exercises, holding the position in a certain body position for a few seconds. They quickly strengthen a muscular corset.
Preparation for implementation
In the process of preparing for the implementation of exercise therapy is necessary to consult a doctor. He must confirm that you can do it.
If there is excessive muscle tension and physical exercise is prohibited, then gymnastics will additionally increase muscle tension and this can only be corrected by surgery.
In such cases, it is better to postpone them for several days or even a week. In this case, you should diagnose your condition after the start of classes. If everything is proceeding normally, then the pain syndrome is quickly eliminated and does not return. If the pain has become stronger, then consultation and examination of the attending physician is necessary.
Before the exercise, you must eat an hour before exercise. So, the food will have time to digest, and the body will not spend power on its processing. Drinking mode before exercise does not change.
You should not over-exert the first classes. It's okay if the gymnastics fails to master completely. Separate the exercises into two approaches or do half for 2 days.
In order for the muscles to be elastic, it is recommended to warm them up by stroking and rubbing.
It must be remembered that exercise therapy for Sishonin should be regular, so that the exercises have the maximum effect on the neck muscles. Usually gymnastics is performed daily. After the effect is visible, the number of exercises can be reduced up to 3 times a week. After that, the patient and the attending physician will decide how much and in what quantity gymnastics classes are needed.
The first few times it is better to do the exercises, standing in front of a mirror.
The complex consists of 7 exercises that are active on the muscles of the neck and shoulders. Repeat each exercise up to 5 times.
- We sit down and perform slowly and carefully and bow our head to the left shoulder, fixing this position of the neck for half a minute. We return to the starting position and do the same only in the other direction.
- We carry out a turn with a maximum amplitude to the left, fix the neck in this position for 30 seconds. We return to the starting position, after which we turn our heads to the right as much as possible.
- Bend the arms in the elbows and raise high above the head, Connect the palms between each other and turn the head to the left and right side with the maximum amplitude and fixation in this position for 30 seconds.
- We sit down on a chair and lay his left hand on his right shoulder. The position of the elbow should be parallel to the floor surface. The free hand rests on its knees. Slowly and gently turn the head to the left with the maximum amplitude and fix the position of the body for half a minute. After that, we return to the starting position and change hands.
- We get up, start stretching the neck forward. In this case, the chin should be parallel to the floor surface, it does not need to be raised up or down. The head turns to the right side, we stretch our chin to the right shoulder. We fix our body in this position for 30 seconds, then return to the starting position and do the same on the other side.
- We sit down on a chair and lay our hands on our knees, support our chin parallel to the surface of the floor. We lower our hands along the hull, pull them back, and at the same time stretch our head upwards. When performing the exercise, the position of the chin does not change. It is necessary to keep the neck muscles in tension for about half a minute, then return to the starting position.
- We sit down on a chair, lower our heads and try to reach the collarbone with our chins. In this position, we fix ourselves for half a minute, lift the chin up, pull it forward. This exercise takes about 30 seconds.
Description of the massage technique
Preventive use of such gymnastics is very useful, because it helps to improve the blood supply to the brain, prevents stagnation, strengthens muscles. All this reduces the likelihood of cervical osteochondrosis, reduces the number of attacks of hypertension, removes sleep disorders, eliminates stress and helps with other diseases. As a preventive measure, it is enough to do the exercises three times a week in order to get the desired result.
Reviews of such gymnastics are different. Doctors say that this is a quick and convenient way to relieve pain in the neck, but they note that you should not do the exercises yourself, you need to discuss the need for gymnastics with your doctor.
Patients note that it is convenient and simple to perform it, there is no need to specifically learn how to do the exercises correctly, but it can be difficult to fix the body without using it. Many note the effectiveness of the exercises, speaking of rapid rehabilitation after a trauma of the cervical spine and reduction of pain. As a rule, doctors recommend taking this course together with manual therapy sessions and medication. Greater gymnastics efficiency can be achieved after a month of classes, otherwise the changes will have a temporary effect.
Negative patient feedback is usually associated with discomfort after exercise. This is manifested in the tension of the neck muscles, which are not accustomed to such a load, and may be ill for a couple of days after the session.
For the treatment of joints, our readers successfully use Artrade. Seeing the popularity of this tool, we decided to offer it to your attention.
Read more here ...
Based on the foregoing, it can be concluded that gymnastics Shishonin is an effective treatment for osteochondrosis, hypertension, sleep disorders and other diseases. It helps to eliminate muscle stagnation, strengthens the muscular corset, improves blood supply to the brain, which has a positive effect on memory and concentration. With its help, it is possible to eliminate pain and reduce the number of attacks of hypertension. This complex is interesting for its versatility and low availability of contraindications. It is based on static loads on the neck muscles, which quickly strengthen muscle tissue. Such exercise therapy can be used not only for the treatment of diseases, but also for their prevention.
In some cases it can be harmful to health, especially if the patient has a tumor in the cervical spine, there are indications for surgical intervention.
When to use
Gymnastics is a complex of seven simple but effective exercises. It is recommended to do it not only for those who already have problems with the spine, but also for those who are at risk of developing diseases of the back.
And at risk are people who regularly undergo psychoemotional and mental stress, work at a computer, eat an unbalanced diet and lead a low-active lifestyle.
If you notice one or several of the symptoms below, you are shown Gymnastics for S back to back:
- neck pain, impaired mobility of the neck,
- migraine, dizziness,
- vegetative vascular dystonia,
- poor circulation in the brain,
- vertebro-basilar insufficiency,
- bad memory
- insomnia or frequent sleepiness.
Therapeutic gymnastics will also help those who have undergone trauma surgery recover.
It is important to know
We offer to explore some additional aspects that will help you achieve maximum results when performing gymnastics on Shishonin:
- Do the exercises regularly, do the exercises first every day, in a few weeks the number of workouts can be reduced to three or four a week,
- Straight back - in general, this requirement applies to any gymnastic exercise. The result will largely depend on compliance with this requirement. By the way, a straight back must be remembered every minute, this will prevent the development of some diseases associated with the spine,
- Do warm ups before gymnastics, it will save you from injury,
- Belief in achieving a positive result and a positive attitude is an extremely important aspect that can significantly enhance the effect of charging,
- Hone movements in front of the mirror until you remember the exercises well, this will help to monitor the correctness of the charging. If you are doing gymnastics with a partner, correct each other, if alone - remove your movements on the video and appreciate doing the exercises from the side,
- Take extra time stretching the body.
- repeat the exercises 5 times in each direction,
- fix in the extreme position the head for 20-30 seconds, beginners can begin with fixation for 10-15 seconds,
- try to keep your back as flat as possible
- do exercises smoothly, do not jerk,
- It is recommended to perform the main part of the complex in a sitting position, this contributes to more relaxation,
- breathe straight, look in front of you or close your eyes.
Consider each of the 7 exercises separately:
- Metronome - tilt your head to the right, towards the shoulder. If you feel a slight tension, linger for a while. Return to the usual position and lean to the left to the shoulder. In this case, you need to reach the top.
- Spring - we lower our heads down for 30 seconds, then we stretch our necks forward and upwards, fix them for half a minute.
- Gaze into the sky - slowly turn your head to the right, fix for 30 seconds, do the same in the other direction.
- The frame is an exercise of looking at the sky, but with a shoulder girdle. Put your right hand on your left shoulder, leave your other hand on your knee, fix for half a minute and repeat in the other direction. Keep your elbow parallel to the floor.
- The fakir is an analogue of the glance at the sky, but here the palms are joined together above the head, the elbows are slightly bent.
- Heron - the palms lie on the knees, and the chin slowly stretches upward, hands are taken away behind the back, fix for half a minute and repeat in the other direction. Then perform smooth tilts in different directions to stretch the neck.
- Gus - completes a set of exercises. We stand up, fix the chin so that it is parallel to the toes of the legs, stretching the neck forward.After we turn our head smoothly to the right, slowly stretch in the direction of the shoulder, fix in the stretched form for half a minute. Repeat for the opposite side.
The complex described above is simple and effective, it is suitable for people with different levels of physical fitness. However, we recommend that you consult your doctor before starting treatment. Health to you!
A selection of my useful materials on the health of the spine and joints, which I recommend you to look at:
Also look at a lot of useful additional materials in my communities and accounts on social networks:
Denial of responsibility
The information in the articles is intended solely for general information and should not be used for self-diagnosis of health problems or for medical purposes. This article is not a substitute for medical advice from a doctor (neurologist, therapist). Please consult your doctor first to know exactly the cause of your health problem.
Gymnastics for Shishonin's neck with hypertension and osteochondrosis
Age-related changes, sedentary work and other negative factors lead to a displacement of the cervical vertebrae. Components of the spinal column pinch the vessels that feed the brain, because of which proper blood circulation is disturbed. The think tank responds to such changes with an increase in heart rate and purity. Elementary pressure increases, blood flow increases.
If a person has a weak heart, it simply cannot work in a heightened mode. Then the head center gives a signal to the capillaries so that they constrict, preventing blood flow into its channel. That is why with hypertension in many cold limbs.
Gymnastics Shishonin for the neck allows you to quickly eliminate the compression of the cervical arteries and veins, to keep blood pressure in the normal range without the use of special drugs.
Clamping blood vessels provokes not only the deterioration of microcirculation. The nutrition of nearby tissues is disturbed, intervertebral discs and ligaments weaken, instability of the vertebrae appears, which leads to a spasm of muscle fibers. This explains the pain in the cervical and thoracic in osteochondrosis.
Dr. Shishonin, developing his methodology, was based on ultrasound data, which allows to determine how strongly and in what area the arteries are trapped. According to the results of the research, the source of all painful deviations was revealed - the first cervical vertebra. The element is called an atlas, since it has a significant load. Consisting of a skull, he is responsible for the rotation of the head. For various reasons, one of which is a high pillow, the atlas can shift, which threatens with a pressure surge, and even a hypertensive crisis.
A set of exercises helps to correct the situation, eliminate the subluxation of the vertebra. That is why gymnastics can be used as a morning exercise.
How many exercises to do? During the first 2 to 3 weeks classes are held daily. Then regularity is reduced to a supporting course - 3 times a week. To eliminate serious problems, it will take several cycles with two-week intervals between them.
Resorting to gymnastics Sishonin for the neck, you need to follow the technique of execution. To adjust the exercises the first time they are best carried out in front of a mirror. Beginners should not fix the position for more than 10 seconds. To enhance the relaxing effect at home, music is acceptable.
It is necessary to monitor the posture: when doing exercises, keep your back straight. All movements are performed smoothly, measuredly, without too much fussiness. Mandatory requirement - smooth, rhythmic breathing.
Watch for sensations: gymnastics should not be accompanied by the manifestation of pain in any parts of the body.
Gymnastics for hypertension
As an addition to drug therapy, doctors prescribe a course of therapeutic exercises, including breathing exercises and light physical exertion. There are several different patented methods of physical therapy (physical therapy), which include 3 main steps:
- the implementation of a complex of physical exercises aimed at the activation of deep skeletal muscles,
- special breathing exercises
- manual massage for muscle tone.
Comprehensive diagnosis helps the doctors to choose the optimal training mode. The treatment program of training is selected individually, based on the patient's age, indicators of his health and individual characteristics.
What is needed
Performing special exercises helps to restore impaired blood microcirculation in deep muscles, eliminates the cause of headaches - spasms and puffiness. Many patented techniques have a beneficial effect not only on the musculoskeletal system, but also on all internal organs. This method of treatment of hypertension is optimal for pregnant women and children who are contraindicated in many drugs.
How are neck and hypertension related?
Why blood pressure rises is not known for certain, it is believed that heredity, sedentary lifestyle, sedentary work, and constant stresses contribute to the development of hypertension. The risks of developing hypertension, many doctors attribute the pinching of nerve endings and blood vessels in the cervical spine, which is why the brain experiences oxygen starvation.
Insufficient nutrition of the brain and oxygen starvation leads to increased intracranial pressure, spasmodic headaches, dizziness, weakness. Regular medical exercises will help improve blood circulation, concentration and memory, get rid of fatigue and headaches.
Method for the treatment of hypertension by Shishonin
Approximately ten years ago, a selection of exercises was made by the doctors of the Bubnovsky rehabilitation center, headed by Doctor of Science Alexander Y. Shishonin. Observing the different patients and carefully studying their diagnoses, he concluded that many health problems are the result of impaired blood circulation.
The information received formed the basis of charging for the neck. Unlike manual massage, which can only be performed by an experienced specialist, exercise therapy for hypertension can be done at home. This is a soft technique that relaxes the clamped muscles of the neck, relieves puffiness and pain syndrome. The complex will be especially useful for patients in whom hypertension is associated with age-related changes in the joints, blood vessels and heart.
Indications for performing gymnastic exercises
Strict dosing of physical exertion and the gradual complication of exercise allow people of all ages to exercise. The main indications for performing exercises for Sishonin are the following diagnoses:
- osteochondrosis of the cervical spine,
- vascular dystonia,
- disorders of the gastrointestinal tract,
- numbness of the limbs
- frequent pulse fluctuations
- unstable psycho-emotional background,
- heart palpitations - tachycardia,
- cervicogenic headaches, migraines,
- drowsiness or insomnia
- decrease in working capacity, physical activity, mental activity,
- memory impairment
- insufficient concentration of attention.
An important condition for any workout is regularity. First, you need to perform the exercises daily for 2-3 weeks. After blood pressure returns to normal, classes can be given for prophylaxis three times a week. With serious problems, it is advisable to take several courses with weekly, two-week breaks between them.
Throughout the entire course of the procedures, it is forbidden to wear dragging belts, special devices for stretching the cervical vertebrae. When intervertebral hernia exercise therapy can be practiced with the permission of a doctor. During class, be sure to follow the rules:
- Direct your gaze straight ahead, align your breathing and only then proceed to the gym.
- Every movement do smoothly.
- Keep your back always straight.
- In order to better master the technique, try to repeat each exercise in front of a mirror several times.
- Before starting the complex, to warm up the muscles, perform a series of pushups - 5-10 repetitions.
- For convenience, you can perform the procedure in a sitting position.
7 exercises Dr. Shishonin for neck from hypertension
The complex contains only seven exercises that help develop the muscles of the cervical spine. The basis of exercise therapy - fixing the neck in a predetermined position. Beginners are recommended to fix the pose for only 10-15 seconds. After the muscles get stronger, the time can be increased to 30 seconds. Gymnastics for Shishonin's neck can be held under relaxing music or without sound.
This exercise is designed to develop, strengthen and stretch the lateral muscles of the neck. It, like the rest of the complex, must be repeated 5 times for each side:
- Bend your head to the left so that you feel the tension of the neck muscles on the opposite side.
- Hold the tilt for 15 seconds, then smoothly move the head to the other side through the initial position.
The purpose of this exercise is to stretch the cervical vertebrae. The spring helps to strengthen the upper thoracic spine:
- Slowly pull the back of the head towards the ceiling so that the chin drops to the collarbone and the back muscles of the neck stiffen.
- Fix the pose for 10-15 seconds.
- Smoothly lift the chin up until you feel the tension of the front muscles of the neck. Do not tilt the back of your head too deep behind your back.
After completing the main tasks, perform a fixative massage of the cervical spine. You can enroll in procedures at specialized clinics, call a massage therapist at home, ask for relatives or friends. In the subsequent massage can be independently. The procedure consists of several stages:
- Use your fingertips to gently massage the back of the head, without pressing hard on the muscles.
- After 2-3 minutes smoothly go to the spine, touching the shoulders, upper scapular part.
- Work your neck vertebrae in circular motions, starting from the bottom.
- Grab the neck with your hands so that the thumb is behind, the rest on the sides. Pinch movements knead the upper part of the spine.
- Smoothly go to the front of the neck.
- Having finished with tingling, massage the area from chin to clavicle.
- Use your index fingers to mash the temporal lobe.
- At the end, squeeze your fingers into a fist, massage the back of your head with rolling movements.
Pros and cons of the technique
The Shishoshin method has several advantages:
- Charging is easy to conduct, even for those who are completely lacking physical fitness skills.
- The intensity of the exercises is minimal - all neck movements are carried out very smoothly, so the chance to injure the tendons is low.
- Gymnastics for the neck with hypertension can be performed anywhere, the full complex should be allocated no more than 20 minutes.
- Over time, not only the blood circulation normalizes, but the muscles are also strengthened, coordination of movements improves.
Gymnastics for the neck with hypertension by the method of Shishonin, like any other complex physical therapy, has a number of contraindications. It is worth refusing to perform charging for the neck if osteochondrosis is in the acute stage, a tumor in the cervical spine is diagnosed. You can perform gymnastics at home, but if after classes you do not feel better, you see flies or other symptoms before your eyes, you should seek professional help.
Complex exercise therapy for hypertension
In addition to the method of Shishonin, there are other equally effective techniques. Standard gymnastics for neck hypertension includes exercises aimed at working out the respiratory and muscular systems, strengthening the vestibular apparatus. The main goal of physical therapy is to gently work out all muscle groups, supply oxygen to the brain vessels, strengthen the cervical spine.
It is worth remembering that gymnastics for hypertension in the neck will benefit only if you follow the diet, the doctor's recommendations for taking medications. After the muscles get stronger, you can use sports equipment: elastic bands, dumbbells, weights for the upper or lower extremities.
Gymnastics for the neck on stage 1 hypertension
A mild form of hypertension can be asymptomatic, with intensive exercises allowed:
- Stand up straight, pick up the stick. Put your fingers on its ends, pull the projectile forward. Remove one leg back by putting it on the toe. Take a deep breath, gently move your legs. Repeat the task for each leg 6 times.
- Do not let go of the stick, stand up straight. Make a sharp lunge on the right leg to the side, moving the movement of the lower limb of the hand. Fix the pose for 20 seconds, return to the starting position. Make 8 repetitions.
- With a breath, turn the torso to the left, raising your arms with a stick to shoulder level. Fixed for a few seconds, then smoothly return to the starting position. Make 8 repetitions on each side.
- Lower the stick to the waist level. Alternately lift your knees so that they touch the stick. Keep your back straight. Do 10 repetitions.
- Put the inventory on the floor, level. Start shaking your legs one at a time as if you want to throw dirt off them. Do 6 times on each side.
- Take a starting position - to level, hands slightly to move apart on the parties. Take a sharp breath, raising your arms above your head. Exhale back to start. Repeat the task 8 times.
- Sit exactly on a chair, strain your muscles, stretch your arms in front of you with your palms down. With a breath, completely relax the body, slightly tilting the body forward. Hands should spontaneously fall. Perform the task 8-10 times.
- Stand straight, bend one leg at the knee and lift. Stretch your arms forward, palms down. Wait for 30 seconds. Repeat the same with the other leg. Make 4 sets of each.
Exercises for the neck on stage 2 of hypertension
Hypertension of moderate form should be taken more closely, perform the exercises, controlling your condition. It is recommended to regularly do the following complex:
- To warm up the muscles walk around the room with alternate lifting legs, bending them at the knee joints. Take 5-7 minutes to warm up.
- Stand straight, legs apart at shoulder level. Without taking your heels off the floor, do your knees, bending your weight on one leg and pulling your arms forward. Repeat the task on each side 6 times.
- Sit down, place your palms on your shoulders, spread your elbows apart. Perform circular movements with your hands, trying to press with palms on the shoulders. Do 5 repetitions in each direction.
- Sitting, stretch your legs in front of you, keeping your feet on the weight. Make circular movements with your feet first in one, then in the other direction. Complete the task 8 times.
- While sitting, turn the torso to the right. Extend your left hand, and with your fingers, touch the back of the chair on the right side. Do the same from the other side. Do 7 repetitions.
- Stand up. Tilt the torso to the right, putting your left hand by the neck while inhaling. With exhalation, return the body to the starting position. Do 4 repetitions by tilting the torso alternately left and right.
- Raise the body, standing feet on socks. Bend your arms in elbows and lift to the armpits - inhale. Relax, exhale and return to your previous position.
- Lie on your back. Bend your elbows while clenching your fingers into a fist. At the same time it is necessary to force all the muscles of the chest to work. Exhale, go back to the start. The number of repetitions is eight.
Respiratory gymnastics Strelnikova with hypertension
Additionally, you can use the proper breathing technique for Strelnikova. It helps to saturate all the tissues of the body with oxygen, get rid of the unpleasant symptoms of a runny nose, cure neurosis, diseases of the cardiovascular system, and develop a diaphragm. The rules for performing breathing exercises are simple:
- You need to think about inhaling through the nose and train only him. Air intake should be noisy, deep, sharp and short, like a clap of your hands.
- Is breathing exercises from hypertension without music. It helps to increase internal concentration, control breathing.
- Exhalation should be carried out through the mouth without retaining the air in the lungs. It should be quiet.
- If you feel any discomfort, refuse gymnastics, consult a doctor.
- Breathing should be done simultaneously with turning, bending, waving arms or legs. All movements must be performed in the rhythm.
- From inhalation to exhalation, exactly eight seconds should pass. To account must be mentally.
- Hypertension breathing exercises can be done standing, sitting or lying down.
In all exercises, inhale should be as active, loud, and exhale - passive, quiet. When you take the air through your nose, your lips should tighten slightly. Breathing exercises:
- The introductory stage is a warm-up. Sit on a comfortable chair, completely relax. Make four noisy breaths with your nose, straining your upper chest. Then take a break for 3-5 seconds, complete 4 more breaths without intervals. Do the manipulations 24 times.
- Stand up straight with your feet slightly apart. Hands lower along the body, relax. Make a shallow bow in front, trying to reach the floor with your hands, but not touching it. At the same time with the slope take a deep breath in the chest. Lift up slightly, but do not straighten up, exhale. Continue to work out the back muscles for half a minute or make 12 bows.
- Stand up, bend your arms. Raise your elbows to shoulder level, spread apart. Throw your elbows parallel to each other, as if hugging yourself, but without crossing your arms. With each new roll, take a deep quick breath. Norm - 12 repetitions.
- Stand straight, spread your feet apart. Lean forward, reach to the floor with your hands. Without stopping (slightly arcing the lower back), make a backward bend, putting your arms around your shoulders. Take a deep breath at the first tilt, exhale during the deflection. Norm - 12 times.
- Take a sitting position, lean your back on a chair. Feet pull in front of you. Place your left hand in the middle of the abdomen, gently push down. Place your right hand on your chest. Perform inhale-exhale, maximizing the aperture. The optimal amount is 5 times. A similar task can be performed from the prone position.
- Straighten up in the chair. While inhaling, spread your arms around the sides, with an exhalation, take the starting position. Perform 10 repetitions.
- Stand with your legs at shoulder level. With a breath, make a shallow squat, while turning the body to the right or left. Repeat for each side 10 times.
- From the same initial position on the inhale, tilt the body forward, pulling the arms toward the floor. Immediately (without stopping, but slightly arched in the lower back), bend the torso back, arms around your shoulders. Standard standard - 12 times.
In what situations is shown gymnastics Shishonin
Gymnastics Shishonin is primarily recommended for people prone to stagnant blood in the neck. These are patients who are sedentary or work sitting:
- office workers,
- representatives of other sedentary occupations.
Gymnastics will suit those who:
- Suffering from pressure drops inside the skull, headaches. Constant massage and strengthening of the muscles of the cervical region allow you to cope with circulatory disorders.
- Constantly in a sitting position, especially if it is wrong (uncomfortable position of the body, back without support, etc.).
- Those who are obliged to constantly communicate by phone. This is especially true for people who tend to pinch the tube between the shoulder and the ear.
- It suffers from weak disorders of the cervical region, but does not want to use medicines and resort to more serious methods of therapy.
- It is restored after the operation and seeks to restore the functionality of the cervical region.
It is important to understand that gymnastics is not a therapeutic technique. This is only an auxiliary technique that is used to improve the overall condition of the neck. If you have a serious deviation in blood circulation, critical intracranial pressure, advanced stage of cervical osteochondrosis, then gymnastics will not be enough. As a basic element of treatment, it helps only in the early stages of the development of osteochondrosis, which do not require drug therapy.
Additional exercises gymnastics Shishonin
In addition to the basic techniques that are presented in detail below, Dr. Shishonin recommends performing some auxiliary exercises. Namely:
- Warming up. Before starting a set of exercises, it is recommended not only to take the correct position, but also to warm up the muscles correctly, to prevent the likelihood of stretching. Warming up can be done in any way that is familiar to you: with the help of massage, smooth head rotation, nodding or other techniques. The main thing is that there should not be a big load on the neck, and the movements should remain slow and not sharp.
- Stretching. Stretching is carried out after the completion of all procedures. It consists in simple pressure with palms on the neck. So, first you need to press the left palm on the neck to the right and bow it to the left shoulder, then - on the contrary. Stretching allows you to relieve tension after exercise, thanks to her muscles become more elastic.
- Small shaking. If gymnastics is hard for you, your neck is very tense during the performance of tasks, you can take short breaks between each technician. During the break, you need to slightly twist or shake your head, massage the neck. This will remove the temporary voltage.
Physical activity in the form of morning and evening gymnastics is welcomed. To exercise from the visible effect, be sure to keep the correct posture, try not to stay up in the wrong position at the table. If you lead a sedentary lifestyle, at least once every two hours you need to do gymnastics for the neck - light bends, head rotations, massage.
Gymnastics Shishonin: benefit or harm
How useful is gymnastics and will it give the opposite effect? The consequences of the exercises depend on how carefully the patient performs the techniques, as well as on the type of dysfunction. With some disorders, therapeutic exercises can bring harm:
- cervical osteochondrosis in the acute stage,
- early post-traumatic period,
- early recovery after surgery,
- severe pinching of the nerves.
You can not perform gymnastics, if the cervical vertebrae were fixed in the wrong position, and the movements cause pain. Gymnastics, when properly performed, is completely painless, any sharp tingling, pain, and intense burning sensations are a sign that the exercises should be stopped.
If you perform the exercises contrary to the prohibitions, the following problems may arise:
- severe pain
- deterioration of the general condition of the neck,
- severe pinched nerve
- violation of motor function of the neck.
However, if the patient strictly observes the testimony and does not depart from the established rules of exercise, there will be no harm from the gymnastics. On the contrary, there will be positive changes:
- short-term pains will pass,
- spasms will disappear
- reduced oxygen starvation
- the frequency of migraines and headaches will decrease,
- unreasonable reddening of the face and neck skin will disappear,
- symptoms of osteochondrosis will decrease,
- your posture will improve
- reduced susceptibility to physical exertion.
With constant performance, you can notice the general strengthening of the body: by improving blood flow, immunity increases, the brain accelerates, psychosomatic ailments disappear, and muscle endurance is strengthened.
What are the exercises of Shishonin
Why should gymnastics aimed at improving the state of muscles help people with painful disorders in the cervical region? The fact is that overstressed neck muscles strongly compress nerves and neighboring vessels. Overvoltage occurs when there is a shortage or excess of movement, with a constant stay in an uncomfortable position.
Medical massage allows to relieve temporary tension, and gymnastics strengthens muscles and reduces their susceptibility to spasms and loads. Over time, muscle tissue becomes more elastic, less pressure on the nerves and blood vessels. At the same time, all unpleasant sensations and side effects of pressure disappear.
Indications for therapeutic gymnastics for the neck and back
There are no exact indications for therapeutic gymnastics. Experts can advise this technique for any initial disturbances in blood flow or muscle tissue. Among the possible indications:
- the initial stages of osteochondrosis, as well as osteochondrosis of the cervical spine in remission,
- pressure disorders inside the skull,
- frequent migraines,
- unreasonable dizziness,
- psychosomatic diseases,
- problems with memory, permanent failures or systematic violation,
- sleep disturbances, including apathy, constant fatigue or, on the contrary, insomnia,
- rehabilitation after surgery,
- pain in the neck,
- circulatory disorders in the head and neck,
- oxygen starvation of the brain and tissues of the cervical region,
- dysfunctions of the cervical vertebrae and muscles, including pinching, mobility disorders.
Gymnastics is recommended for patients who constantly violate the regime or diet, prefer unbalanced food. Such people are prone to the formation of cholesterol plaques that interfere with blood flow. Constant exercise, which accelerates blood flow, helps to cope with excess cholesterol, prevents the formation of plaques.
Exercises are also prescribed with constant physical or mental stress. If the body is overstrained, it often leads to muscle spasms, and they, in turn, cause nerve pinchedness and oxygen starvation of the tissues. Strengthening the muscles reduces the frequency of spasms, even if you are constantly overstrained.
Constant use of these therapeutic exercises along with massage and medicines (if necessary) allows you to eliminate fatigue, blood stasis, neck pain and other disorders associated with the cervical region. In more detail all the exercises can be viewed on the video of gymnastics of Dr. Shishonin, which he recorded independently.
We will be very grateful if you share the article in social networks