In an inguinal hernia, a pathological swelling of the peritoneum occurs in the area of the inguinal canal. Such a violation are more susceptible to men. The disease is severe and leads to serious complications, one of which is the pinching of the hernia. Early treatment will help prevent the progression of the disease.
In most cases, patients with such a diagnosis are sent for surgery. There is a risk of a lump reappearing after surgery. Fearing this, many patients decide to try the treatment of inguinal hernia folk remedies.
For maximum effectiveness, it is recommended to use drugs prepared at home, with long courses. So you can get rid of the symptoms of the disease and save yourself from the most serious complications.
How is an inguinal hernia?
The formation of an inguinal hernia is characterized by the appearance of a nipple. It is localized in the lower part of the abdominal cavity. At the initial stage of the disease, the lump periodically appears and disappears. It bulges during heavy loads, weight lifting, bowel emptying. The clinical picture is complemented by a feeling of heaviness and a feeling of fullness of the abdomen. Often, patients experience fever, nausea, an increase in the number of heart contractions.
Men experience severe pain and burning in the groin. There is a lowering of the contents of the hernia in the scrotum. The disease contributes to the difficulty of defecation and emptying of the bladder. The pain gives to the genitals, the lower spine. Discomfort is felt while walking. With physical exertion, the symptoms intensify.
In women, a hernia is lowered in the labia majora. At a progressive stage of the disease, the lump increases in size, descends into the bladder, into the small intestine and other organs. In addition, the patient is worried about severe pain. During menstruation, soreness becomes much more intense.
Treatment of a hernia with the use of traditional medicine recipes is desirable to coordinate with your doctor. It is not recommended to treat the disease by warming, steaming, warm compresses. These activities can aggravate the condition and cause the occurrence of painful attacks.
In folk medicine, medicinal plants are widely used in the treatment of inguinal hernia.
1. Clover infusion. Prepare a clover herb infusion. Pour boiling water over the plant and insist for an hour. Prepared medication for inguinal hernia to take before meals 50 ml.
2. Compresses of oak tincture. For preparation means leaves, acorns and bark of an oak are required. Place the crushed ingredients in a 3-liter container and pour red wine. The tincture is prepared within 21 days. It is recommended to combine the use of this healing agent with other infusions that have a positive effect on the condition of the ligaments.
3. Medicine from a horsetail. 3-4 tablespoons milled flower baskets pour 300 ml of boiling water. Let it stand for half an hour. Cool the grass, strain the infusion. Apply to the affected areas compress from the grass.
4. Cornflower flowers. 3 teaspoons of flowers pour 0.5 liters of boiling water. Let it stand for a day. The resulting infusion taken before meals 5 times a day, 100 ml.
5. Broth larkspur. Put 20 g of crushed plant in boiling water. Boil for 10-15 minutes. Cool, strain. Fill the volume with water to the original amount. Ready medicine to take before meals for 1 teaspoon four times a day.
Good effect gives the fight against inguinal hernia with the help of sauerkraut pickle. Substances included in its composition have specific features. They consist in a positive impact on the disease. Gauze is folded in 3 layers, moistened with a saline and applied to the place of hernia protrusion. Keep the bandage for a long time.
In addition to the brine, you can use whole sheets of sauerkraut. After drying, it is recommended to change them. Otherwise, the healing effect will be lost.
Each organism reacts differently to the use of certain folk remedies. If there are signs of an allergic reaction, treatment should be discontinued.
Video recommendations of a surgeon:
Causes and symptoms of the disease
The appearance is due to the anatomical weakness of the muscles located in the groin area. At the same time, the vertical position of the body exerts an additional load on them, due to which the probability of a hernia occurrence significantly increases, there can be various reasons for this. In men, this pathology develops more often than in women. Therefore, when detecting the first symptoms, you need to start treatment, you can defeat an inguinal problem hernia using simple folk remedies. It is necessary to determine in advance what products will not harm you, but will only benefit!
The most pronounced and common symptom - a protrusion in the groin area. The protrusion is easiest to notice when lifting weights and emptying the bowel or bladder. Sometimes causes provoke and malfunction of the gastrointestinal tract, a hernia in a man in the inguinal region is accompanied by a feeling of heaviness in the abdomen and discomfort during weight lifting. In some cases, without folk or surgical treatment, fever and heart rate may increase. There may be regular bouts of nausea. In case of indisposition and severity, fainting, you should immediately visit the ripper!
Every day, wash the area with a prepared solution of cold water and vinegar 4% (1. tbsp. Vinegar to 1 tbsp. Cold water). This is the main method of folk treatment, after which you can get rid of a hernia at all.
After washing the area with vinegar, apply an oak compress to it for about 30 minutes. To prepare a folk remedy, it is necessary to chop acorns, oak leaves and bark - they are common in such treatment. Next, fill this collection with 2/3 cans (half-liter) and fill the contents with red grape wine. Put an infusion of a prescription for a hernia in the groin in the closet for 3 weeks, then strain and use for treatment as compresses.
Oak infusion packs alternate with grouse herb poultices. For the treatment of hernia in this area will need 30-40 grams. Grass, pour half a liter of water and insist so in a warm place for 1.5-2 hours. Then shake off the remaining excess water with steamed grass - a natural remedy for the people, put it in place of the resulting damage and wrap it in a warm bandage. To carry out treatment against inguinal complex hernia, each subsequent week, change the composition of the compress: one week - oak infusion, the other - gryzhnik.
At the same time, take the folk extract from the leaves of the dowager. Pour 1 cup boiling water 1 tablespoon of raw materials and let it infuse for 3-4 hours. After the prescription from a hernia in the groin, strain the composition and drink it during the day, you can add honey (1-1.5 spoons per glass).
The following infusion is an effective folk remedy. It is often used by healers for the treatment of hernia. Take 1 tbsp. spoons of crushed leaves of gooseberry bush and grass of meadowsweet. Pour all half a liter of boiling water and let it infuse for 2-3 hours. Strain and eat against a hernia in the groin 1/3 cup in the form of a warm food 3-4 times a day.
Pinching can lead to cellulitis, it is possible to get acute intestinal obstruction, gangrene of the hernia sac. Therefore, if the state of health of a patient with a hernia in the inguinal zone becomes worse, it is necessary to apply for a surgical intervention - this treatment will be the only correct one.
One of the mandatory methods of treating inguinal and other hernias with the help of folk remedies at home without surgery is massage, exercises to strengthen the abdominal wall and breathing exercises. It is recommended to conduct classes, lying on the floor, fixing the area with a bandage or a bandage.
1 What is a hernia?
The groin area is a connective sheath, which are located in layers, and between the layers is the inguinal canal, in which the nerve bundle, artery and ligament of the uterus are circular. The channel has two openings: inlet and outlet. For various reasons, the resistance of the layers decreases and the internal organs begin to put pressure on them, going out through the natural openings of the channel. Thus, a hernia appears.
Inguinal hernia in women, the symptoms of which can be varied, is a dangerous disease.
In the hernial sac may be any organ of the abdominal cavity, most often it is the small intestine or the omentum. Less commonly, a hernial sac is formed due to a prolapse of the uterus, tubes, ovaries, spleen, and large intestine. There are cases when the gallbladder and stomach form a hernia.
Inguinal hernia - Symptoms of inguinal hernia in children and adults
Symptoms of congenital inguinal hernia in children
Swelling is noticeable in the groin. When shouting, straining a child into a swelling turns into a painless protrusion, which disappears or decreases in the prone position.
The contents of such a hernia in children are usually the loops of the small intestine, in girls the ovary and fallopian tubes are sometimes released into the inguinal canal.
Symptoms of inguinal hernia in men and women
Hernia symptoms depend on its size and content.
1. With a hernia in the inguinal region, a protrusion appears, which increases with straining and coughing. In men with oblique hernia, its contents may descend into the scrotum, causing the scrotum on one side to increase, for women, to the labia majora. Over time, the hernia will continue to grow, more and more organs will descend into it: the small intestine, the omentum, the cecum, the bladder, the sigmoid colon, the internal female genital organs. There are cases when, with oblique inguinal hernia in men, the scrotum dropped to the knees.
2. inconvenience when walking
3. Violation of stool and urination
4. Sometimes a symptom can be pain. The pain is localized in the area of the hernial protrusion, but may spread to the lower back or genitals. After physical exertion, the pain increases. With a hernia in women, if the fallopian tubes and ovary have got into it, the pain is especially strong and increases with menstruation.
Early symptoms of inguinal hernia
One of the following symptoms may indicate the appearance of an inguinal hernia:
1. In the groin can sometimes appear and disappear bump
2. When coughing in the groin area may appear bumps
3. Unreasonable pain in the groin, burning
4. Pain in the groin, aggravated by exertion, coughing.
Treatment of an inguinal hernia without an operation with the help of folk remedies according to the recipes of the newspaper "Vestnik ZOZH"
The man had an inguinal hernia. The following exercises helped to improve the condition:
1. Lie on your back, bend your legs at the knees, hands behind your head, palms on the back of your head. Raise the left knee and elbow the right hand to reach him. Return in and out. n. Then raise your right knee and reach out to him with the elbow of your left hand. And so 50 times. 2 times a day.
2. Spin the "pedal", lying on his back.
4. Lateral circular movements with each leg, while holding the hernia.
The following folk remedy helps: put a five-kopek coin on the hernia area before the 1961 release and secure it with adhesive tape. Instead of a coin, you can take a copper plate (HLS 2002 No. 17, p. 19)
How to treat inguinal hernia sauerkraut pickle
An inguinal hernia is well treated with sour cabbage leaf - it must be constantly applied to the place of the hernia bulging out. In this folk remedy, the application of cabbage leaf can be replaced with compresses with pickled pickle pickles (HLS 2003, №3, p. 12)
Compresses for the treatment of folk remedies
In the treatment of hernia, daily washings of the hernial protrusion with a cold solution of water with vinegar will help (for 1 tbsp of water, 1 -2 tbsp. 4% vinegar). After acetic washings, make a warm compress from oak infusion for 30 minutes. For infusion, chop acorns, bark, oak leaves, fill them with a jar for 2/3 volume, pour red wine to the top, insist 21 days.
It is advisable to alternate oak compresses with poultices of gryzhnik herb: steam the herb and attach it to the area of the inguinal hernia. These folk remedies will stop the growth of hernia, help to avoid complications. (HLS 2009 №13, p. 15)
Herbs for the treatment of inguinal hernia folk remedies and methods
The above external treatment is desirable to combine with the intake of herbal infusions that are beneficial for strengthening the ligaments and connective tissue in the body.
Cornflower flowers treatment. 3 tsp. flowers pour 0.5 liters. boiling water, insist, drink an infusion throughout the day in 3-4 hours before meals.
Leaves treatment bone. 1 tbsp. l flowers pour 1 cup boiling water, insist 3-4 hours, drink infusion sips during the day.
Treatment of hernia with gooseberry leaves. 4 tsp. leaves pour 0.5 liters. boiling water, insist 2 hours, drink half a cup 4 times a day before meals
Cavalry treatment. 1 tsp herbs pour 1 cup boiling water, insist 2 hours, drink the infusion 1/4 cup 4 times daily before meals. (HLS 2009 №13, p. 15)
Folk treatment of inguinal hernia with larch bark
Hot infusions of young larch bark treat hernia, prostate adenoma and tumors.
5 tbsp. l crushed bark pour 3 cups boiling water, insist night in a thermos. Then strain and drink 1/4 cup 4 times a day 30-40 minutes before meals. One course of treatment is 15 days, then a break of 7 days, and a new course. All treatment should last 2-6 months.
The same infusion is used to treat a hernia externally - they make compresses from a hot infusion 1-2 times a day (HLS 20010, №7, p. 37)
Other methods of treatment of inguinal hernia in men and women without surgery:
In the national treatment also used:
1. Infusion of immortelle or horsetail - drink 2-3 cups a day
2. Strong infusions of wormwood on water or wine - applied in the form of compresses
3. Pound the garlic with rye bread and make a compress.
Treatment of inguinal hernia folk remedies was known to our grandmothers. Is the power of roots and herbs relevant today?
Hernia in the groin area is the output of some internal organs beyond the borders of the anterior wall of the abdominal cavity. To date, the treatment of inguinal hernia folk remedies is gaining increasing popularity. Actual methods of the people in cases where the disease has an uncomplicated form and does not require urgent surgical intervention. In advanced cases, only the operation can resolve the problem.
A great way to reduce the intensity of pain is to apply compresses.
Note! Hot compresses (like lotions) to treat the disease is prohibited. You can only use cool.
- Grind dried oak bark into powder.
- One teaspoon of powder pour 200 ml of boiling water.
- Put on low heat and let the mixture sweat for 8-10 minutes.
- Turn off, cover with a lid and leave to cool.
- Dampen gauze in the solution and put on the problem area.
For best fixation of the compress, you can cover it with polyethylene, and then band it up or glue it with a plaster (or adhesive tape). Compress every 3 hours should be changed to fresh.
- Grind the freshly picked nettle to a state of gruel.
- Spread over the large blank sheet of plantain, attach to the groin and secure in any convenient way.
- Use until necessary.
- Mix the chopped oak bark (50 g), oak leaves (a tablespoon) and peeled crushed acorns (half a cup).
- Pouring everything into a two-liter jar, pour the fortified red wine to the top.
- Periodically shaking, insist composition for three weeks.
- Gauze or bandage, moistened in the filtered composition, placed overnight under cellophane for 30 days.
In parallel with this, it is advisable to wash the hernia every day with an acetic solution (2 teaspoons of 4% vinegar per 200 ml of water).
- 3 tablespoons of crushed flower baskets of horsetail pour boiling water for 30 minutes.
- Strain the solution and cool.
- Apply in the form of a compress for 3-4 hours.
In addition, the inguinal hernia is perfectly absorbed by compresses from the decoction of wormwood, infusion of acacia flowers and a mixture of ammonia and iodine.
They show high effectiveness in therapy aimed at the resorption of a hernia, ointment, made from natural herbal ingredients.
- Leaves of plantain, Indian onion and golden mustache in equal parts mince.
- The resulting composition folded in a half-liter container and add to it melted fat (8 tablespoons).
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly with a mixer.
- Warm up by preventing boiling.
- After cooling, the ointment can be applied to the hernia every day for three weeks.
Fat. As a component of healing ointment for the treatment of hernia at home, spread of pork fat.
- Melt 500 g of fat in a water bath.
- Pour into a pre-heated glass jar.
- At the same time, in an additional container, mix one chicken egg with 100 ml of vinegar essence.
- Pour all the fat into a container with egg and vinegar, close the lid.
- Store in a dark and cool place for 7 days.
- After the expiration date, warm the bottle with the billet again in a water bath, and then add quail eggs (2 pieces) and badger fat (1 spoon) to it.
- All ingredients are mixed to a uniform consistency, using a mixer.
Ointment must be stored in the refrigerator. Apply daily (morning and evening) and do not wash off for 2 hours. After the protrusion disappears, continue applying the ointment for another month.
Along with compresses, lotions and ointments, infusions and decoctions of herbs have recommended themselves well for hernia therapy.
- Brew bark (6 dessert spoons) with boiling water (one liter).
- Wrap in a towel and leave to infuse overnight.
- Drink pre-filtered decoction 5 times a day, 200 ml, preferably 30 minutes before meals. Store the infusion in the refrigerator is allowed no more than two days. The course to continue from one to six months, depending on the state of health.
Along with this, you can make compresses with larch. The most optimal treatment regimen suggests taking a seven-day break after two weeks of bark use.
Note! In no case can not carry out an independent reposition of the inguinal hernia. This can provoke diseases of the internal organs, especially in men. In the process of treatment, it is extremely important to control nutrition: it must be well balanced and contain a wide range of macro- and microelements. Fat food is not recommended. Try to avoid constipation, if necessary, you can take a laxative drug based on herbal ingredients.
Larkspur. Add room temperature water to the pot with 30 g of the plant and set on low heat. Boil for 10-15 minutes. Strain the broth to cool and fill up to the original amount. Take orally daily on an empty stomach.
Cornflowers. 500 ml boiling water boil 4 teaspoons of the plant. After that, insist for an hour or two. Strain and drink before breakfast on one spoon.
Spiraea. Brew a glass of boiling water 3 teaspoons of grass without a slide. Covering a glass saucer, insist 3 hours. The resulting dose is divided into 4 doses and taken during the day at least two weeks in a row.
Clover. Dessert spoonful of chopped clover pour boiling water, and after cooling, strain. 60 ml of herbal infusion drink before meals three times a day.
Aloe. The plant is considered an excellent healing agent.
- Rinse the leaves and remove the top thin film.
- Make a few small cuts on it.
- Pour baking soda on a sheet and attach it to a hernia that has been previously treated with alcohol.
Manipulate daily for at least a month.
- To prepare a drink, pour a dessert spoonful of leaves with one glass of boiling water.
- Clean in a warm place for 4 hours, so that the potter is insisted.
- Strain the resulting composition, drink it throughout the day as tea.
If you wish, you can add a couple of teaspoons of honey.
Gooseberry. The tank with 40 g of berries should be filled with 400 ml of water. After the gooseberry infuses (after 3 hours), you can drink half a cup 4-5 times a day.
- It is necessary to take a supine position (on the back). Raise your hands behind your head and put your palms on the back of your head. Legs bend at the knees. Next, raise the right knee, and try to reach it with the elbow of the left hand. Take a starting position and carry out the same action with the opposite knee and elbow. It is necessary to carry out 2 sets per day, each of which includes 15 repetitions.
- Exercise "scissors". Lying on your back and putting your hands along your body, swing your legs.
- Prepare bags with sand content weighing one kg. It is necessary to lie on your back and put the bag on the upper abdomen. Stretch your arms along the body, and straighten your legs. While inhaling, try to inflate the stomach as much as possible so that the bag rises as high as possible. On the exhale, it should be lowered as low as possible. Repeat 3-4 times and rest for a few minutes. Then do the same, but move the sand to the lower abdomen.
- Lying on your back, bend the legs at the knees and slightly push them apart. Inhale and then take a deep breath. Relying on the exhale on the shoulders, feet and elbows, you should raise and lower the pelvis.
Hernia in the groin is a common phenomenon, and treatment with folk remedies is a good alternative to medical and surgical intervention. But before embarking on all of the above methods to eliminate a hernia, be sure to consult with your doctor. Independent manipulations can only aggravate the existing problem.
The causes of the disease
Hernias can be congenital or acquired. The reasons for their appearance are divided into local and general. The local ones are caused by the weak structure of some parts of the body, which are responsible for the origin of the hernial sac. These include: umbilical ring, groin area and others. Common hernias are acquired due to heavy physical exertion, muscle weakness, or frequent constipation.
Symptoms of the disease
Hernia symptoms in the groin are dependent on its size and content. At the early stage of its development, a small lump may appear and disappear. Especially this phenomenon is aggravated by coughing. There are unreasonable pain and burning sensation in the groin area, which are exacerbated by physical exertion and coughing. Representatives of the stronger sex, with oblique inguinal hernia, may feel the lowering of its contents into the scrotum. It increases in size with one hand. And the representatives of the weaker sex descends into the labia majora. After some time, the growth of a hernia can continue and other organs will begin to descend into it: the bladder, small intestine, sigmoid colon, epiploon, and others. There were cases when a male scrotum hung down to his knees. Naturally, these factors cause discomfort when walking. In addition, urination and stool are disturbed. There may be a symptom and pain in the area of the hernia. Which is distributed to the genitals or lower back. If you start to engage in physical labor, the pain will escalate. In women, if a hernia enters the ovaries or fallopian tubes, the pain is very strong, and during menstruation is especially pronounced.
Types of disease
Inguinal hernias are oblique, combined and straight. Most often the other is oblique inguinal hernia. With it, the internal organs leak through the spermatic cord and remain inside it. It is both acquired and innate.
Direct hernia is exclusively acquired. When her organs penetrate into the inguinal canal not through the spermatic cord, but because of weak ligaments and muscles.
Combined hernias differ from others in that a person has several hernial sacs on one side that are not interconnected and represent different combinations of hernias.
Hernia can be reducible, when there is an opportunity to independently install it in place and unreducible, when this process is impossible, because of adhesions of the organs with the bag.
There are inguinal and inguinal-scrotal hernia. They are characterized by lowering of the internal organs in the scrotum area.
Hernia is dangerous by the infringement of hernial contents in the hernia gate. This process is divided into elastic and fecal. The elastic mechanism conducts a sharp passage of several abdominal organs through the hernial ring. This occurs with a strong increase in intra-abdominal pressure and heavy physical exertion. Fecal impairment occurs with a strong overflow of the intestinal loop, which is located in the hernial sac. Signs of infringement of a hernia: acute pain, hernia unreducibility, stresses of protrusion. In addition, there may be nausea, vomiting, constipation.
Diagnosis of the disease
It is very simple to diagnose a hernia; it is enough to conduct a thorough physical examination of a person. After the hernia is detected, its size and size are measured in the standing and lying position of the patient. Next, a study is conducted on its portability and determine the size of the hernia gate. If the diagnosis is difficult, then an ultrasound is performed.
Prevention of inguinal hernia is to maintain a proper lifestyle. This includes timely and proper nutrition, weak muscle loads, gymnastic exercises aimed at strengthening the abdominal muscles. In addition, you need to give up smoking, because it causes a cough, and he, in turn, provokes the formation and complication of a hernia. At the first symptoms of a hernia, you can use folk remedies that have been successfully applied by our ancestors.
Treatment of inguinal hernia folk remedies
This decoction will help to get rid of this ailment: the clover grass is taken and brewed with one glass of boiling water, then infused for one hour and filtered. It is taken orally, fifty grams before meals.
You can fight a hernia by daily washing the affected part of the body with cold water and vinegar. For its preparation you will need to add two tablespoons of four percent vinegar to a glass of water. After that, a compress from oak infusion is applied for thirty minutes. It is made from crushed acorns, bark and leaves of a tree. Then a three-liter jar is half filled with this mass and poured with red wine. The solution is to insist, in a dark place, twenty-one days. This treatment will help even better if it is combined with herbal infusions that have a positive effect on strengthening the ligaments and connective tissue in our body.
Infusion of cornflowers. To prepare it, take three teaspoons of the plant and pour five hundred grams of boiling water. Insist the solution for one day and take one hundred grams, five times a day, before meals.
Infusion of meadowsweet. Take one teaspoon of herbs and pour one glass of boiling water. Insist for two hours and take orally, four times a day, dividing the glass for the whole day.
Infusion of gooseberry leaves. Four teaspoons of raw materials are taken and five hundred grams of boiling water is poured. Insist two hours and drink one hundred grams, five times a day, before meals.
2 Why does protrusion form?
Inguinal hernia in women is a pathological process that is not natural to the human body. So, pathologies can be caused by predisposing and producing causes.
Predisposing causes include:
- weak ligaments and muscles
- weak constitution.
Inguinal hernia in women is a pathological process that is not natural to the human body.
Producing factors include an increase in pressure inside the abdominal cavity and weak muscles of the anterior wall of the peritoneum. In turn, high pressure inside the peritoneum can be caused by the following reasons:
- prolonged strong cough, which is usually a symptom of a disease,
- frequent screams and cries in childhood
- problems with urination, which can be caused by diseases of the urogenital system, leading to a narrowing of the urethra,
- hard physical labor
- prolonged vomiting
- difficult childbirth.
The weakness of the muscles of the anterior wall of the abdominal cavity can be caused by:
- being overweight
- peritoneal injury,
- abdominal wall surgery,
- sedentary lifestyle,
- diseases that weaken the muscular system and reduce weight,
- second and subsequent delivery.
The probability of hernia formation is increased in two age periods. The first period is 1-2 years, the second period is over 40 years. Hernia in children is caused by anatomical weakness or pathologies of the ligaments. In old age, the causes are producing factors.
4 Types of hernias and complications
Inguinal hernia in women is classified by location and degree of replenishment. Depending on the place of localization, there are:
- direct hernia: the bag goes through the internal inguinal fossa,
- oblique hernia: the bag goes through the external inguinal fossa,
- subvesical outer: the bag exits along the supra vesicular fossa.
According to the degree of reduction there are:
- Reducible. Such formations can easily be adjusted independently, taking, for example, a horizontal position.
- Unbreakable. Such formations are not introduced back, they are always protruding, and this is not affected by the position of the body. The irreducibility is due to the formation of adhesions. This form violates digestion, causes vomiting.
When a hernia is injured, there is nausea and vomiting.
Any form of bulging can cause complications that are very dangerous. Inflammation in the bag is rare, but it has a very negative effect on health. Within the hernia, appendicitis, inflammation of the genital organs, colitis can develop. Increased severity of inflammation leads to high temperature. Inflammation leads to the formation of adhesions, which makes the formation irreducible. In acute inflammation, an emergency operation may be required. The main symptoms of inflammation are nausea, vomiting, high body temperature, severe pain.
The next complication is fecal blockage, which is formed when a large intestine enters the bag, which causes intestinal obstruction. The digestive process is impaired, as a result of which, during prolonged inactivity, the blood supply is disturbed and gut death can occur. Most often, this problem is faced by older people with excess weight. Temporarily relieve the condition can be massages and laxatives. But in order to fully solve the problem, surgical intervention is required.
Pinching a hernia is one of the most dangerous complications, it occurs unexpectedly. The contents of the bag are squeezed in the area of the outflow opening. Blood circulation is disturbed and nerve fibers are clamped. According to statistics, this complication can occur in 15% of patients. Infringement can be identified by the following features:
- it is impossible to set up an education that has previously been set down,
- the bag becomes denser and tighter
- sometimes body temperature rises,
- there is vomiting and nausea,
- severe pain in the groin area, extending to the entire peritoneum.
To fully solve the problem, surgical intervention will be required.
5 treatment methods
The only effective way to remove a hernia is surgery. Of course, there are many recommendations that promise to get rid of a hernia, such methods include exercise, physiotherapy, bandages, compresses, but all of them do not get rid of the problem. In addition, you can not hesitate, because at any time may develop a complication. therefore, at the first suspicion, you need to consult a doctor who will prescribe treatment. The purpose of the operation is to eliminate protrusion and prevent recurrence. There are several methods for eliminating protrusion, the use of which is determined by the doctor based on the individual case:
- hernioplasty is not tensioned,
- tension hernioplasty,
- extraperitoneal endoscopic hernioplasty.
Non-tensioned hernioplasty consists in strengthening the wall of the inguinal canal, for this purpose synthetic materials are used. The most common is the operation of Liechtenstein, which is carried out as follows: a mesh-like prosthesis is sutured to the tendon plate. The muscle is not damaged, and the tension is not created.
There are many recommendations that promise to relieve hernia, such methods include bandages, but they do not get rid of the problem.
In this regard, the probability of recurrence is minimized. The material from which the mesh is made is not allergic, does not dissolve in the body, does not provoke the spread of infection. The abdominal wall is suspended by both the laparoscopic method and open access. Laparoscopy minimizes cosmetic defect, but still most of the surgeons prefer the open access technique, because it is safer and more effective.
Stretch hernioplasty is the most simple, inexpensive and time-tested operation. Its essence is that the tissues are tightened and sutured in the area of the hernia. This method is rarely used, since there is a high likelihood of recurrence and scar formation.
Extra-abdominal endovidoscopic hernioplasty is a type of non-pulling operation. The difference of this operation is the installation of the prosthesis above the abdominal cavity, that is, all processes are carried out outside the cavity, the prosthesis is placed directly under the skin. This technique prevents the occurrence of adhesions in the future, but is very complex.
6 Rehabilitation and recovery
After the operation, the woman will be disabled for some time. The duration of rehabilitation depends on the method of operation. When the operation is performed in an open way, the time is increased, unlike the laparoscopic method. With a high pain threshold, the patient is prescribed an anesthetic.
The recovery process after surgery is imperative to avoid relapse. Sometimes it is recommended to wear a bandage to speed up the healing process and avoid discrepancies in postoperative sutures.
Recovery consists of three periods:
- ambulatory, which is 10 days after surgery,
- recovery, which begins with 2-3 weeks after surgery,
- the final stage is 1-6 months, the period depends on the complications.
During the outpatient period, it is necessary to eliminate physical exertion as much as possible, bed rest and a sparing diet are recommended. During the recovery period, you need to gradually increase physical activity without active involvement of the abdominal muscles. Wearing a bandage is recommended at this particular time.
Completion of recovery consists in creation of a strong muscular corset. For this you need to perform special exercises.
- "Scissors". Lying on your back, you need to raise your legs relative to the body at 45º, slightly spreading out to the sides, and then crossing. At the initial stage, you need to do 5-7 repetitions, gradually increasing to 15-20.
- Rotation of the legs in the prone position (or "bicycle"). During the first week the exercise is performed within 1-3 minutes, gradually increasing the time to 5-7 minutes.
What to make a healing decoction
Broths for the use inside can be made of a meadow clover. To do this, take dried clover in the amount of 1 tablespoon and pour a cup of boiling water over it. For an hour, the infusion should stand under a covered saucer or napkin. Next, you should strain the composition and begin treatment. Drink 1/3 of a cup before a meal.
The next decoction will be gooseberry. We take gooseberry leaves, grind them, pour 2-3 teaspoons of boiling water in the amount of two glasses. To warm the decoction - wrap the jar in a warm blanket or a terry towel and leave in such a fur coat for a couple of hours. Strain and take orally for 1/3 cup before meals in 5 visits.
You can use a decoction of milk and kupeny. To do this, take 2 tablespoons of chopped dried herbs, pour cold milk in the amount of half a liter. Put the mixture on the fire and boil for 5-7 minutes after boiling, after reducing the gas. Remove the broth from the fire and let it cool to room temperature. Strain the solution taken in the form of heat up to 4 times a day, 2 tablespoons.
The larkspur plant also helps with inguinal hernia. You need to take 20 grams of plants and pour a glass of water. Put on the fire and cook on low heat for up to 10 minutes. Then strain and pour more water, about half a glass. Drink a teaspoon during the day before meals.
Treatment of inguinal hernia with folk remedies is the use of larch bark. In this case, you need to grind the plant, 5 tablespoons pour liter of boiling water, insist broth in the "coat" for about 12 hours. After strain and take before eating a glass up to 5 times a day. This method should be treated for 1-6 months with interruptions - 2 weeks of treatment and 1 week of rest.
Broth can be applied as excellent means for rubbing in or a compress.
Cornflower flowers also help in the treatment of inguinal hernia. Flowers are boiled with boiling water - 3 teaspoons of the plant per half liter of water. Within an hour, the broth is brewed in a warm coat, filtered and taken in the amount of 1 teaspoon before meals.
How to make a medical compress
Compresses for the treatment of inguinal hernia are also made from ingredients:
- based on sour cream, nettle and cabbage. Nettle leaves to grind to a mushy state, add fat sour cream, put a layer on the hernia and put a cabbage leaf on top. Fix the compress with a cloth or bandage. It is better to apply the remedy for the night and take it off in the morning, continue the treatment for four weeks,
- based on fern. The leaf of the plant is well washed and secured in a sore spot, left overnight and in the morning removed,
- based on oak and apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar diluted with water in the ratio of 2 tablespoons to 2 cups boiling water. The resulting composition slightly wash the painful area, but not to do enhanced rubbing. After that, apply a compress from oak - acorns, oak bark and leaves are crushed, filled in a three-liter jar to half, filled with dry red wine and left under the lid for 3 weeks in a dark place,
- based on nettle leaves. To grind a plant to a kasheobrazny state, to apply on a painful site on a plantain leaf. Leave for a few hours, it is recommended to do such a compress for a long time,
- based on field horsetail. To do this, chop the flowers to get 3 tablespoons. Pour boiling water and leave for half an hour, then strain, cool and attach to the place of protrusion,
- on the basis of sauerkraut pickle. It's very simple - you need to soak gauze or bandage with brine and attach to the sore spot. Regularly change compresses. Instead of cabbage pickle, you can take sauerkraut leaves and apply them to the injured area.
A few more popular methods to combat inguinal hernia
It is recommended to use ointment from pork fat. To do this, take 8 soup spoons of melted fat, mix it with minced leaves of plantain, golden mustache and Indian onions. All 3 ingredients are taken in equal parts. The mixture is well mixed using a blender or mixer, after which it is heated, but does not boil. Next you need to cool the mixture and put on the injured areas for two weeks.
You can make another healing ointment based on the following ingredients:
- 100 ml of acetic essence,
- 1 egg
- 0.5 kg of internal lard,
- 2 quail eggs,
- 1 tsp badger fat.
The method of preparation is the following - it is necessary to mix a chicken egg with essence and melted fat in a water bath. Mix everything thoroughly and put in a dark place in a jar with a lid for 5 days. After the time has elapsed, again melt the contents of the jar, adding quail eggs and badger fat. Mix well and put on the cold.
Medical ointment is applied to the hernia in the evening and afternoon during the month.
Together with folk remedies for the treatment of inguinal hernia apply courses of physiotherapy and medication. But the treatment should not be independent. The selected tool or a few vending techniques must be coordinated with your doctor. Far from each person recommended the above folk remedies. A patient may have individual intolerance or contraindications from the heart, nervous, vascular system, and so on.
Reasons for education
Organs through the inguinal canal fall out. The channel is formed by the transverse muscle, the internal oblique and connective tissue. Its total length is equal.
Often, due to the anatomical weakness of the groin muscles, an inguinal hernia is formed. This is a protrusion of the internal organs through a hole in the peritoneum. Usually, the elderly or children are most susceptible to this disease, however, hernia is also observed in women during pregnancy and in men due to excessive weights. The formation of an inguinal hernia can cause chronic rhinitis or cough, constipation or obesity.
Treatment of inguinal hernia is most often performed with surgery. However, if the hernia is not accompanied by pain, excessive discomfort and has a small size, you can apply some well-known folk remedies that will slow its growth, prevent complications, strengthen the abdominal wall, ligaments and groin muscles.
What if you have an inguinal hernia?
An inguinal hernia is a disorder in which the abdominal organs begin to protrude beyond its limits, falling into the inguinal canal. Outwardly, it looks like a bump. Such a violation is much more common in men than in women, and in adulthood or even old age.
This ailment proceeds sluggishly, but it can entail serious consequences, such as, for example, pinching of a hernia. That is why the inguinal hernia definitely need to start healing. In rare cases, the lump may reappear after treatment.
Causes of inguinal hernia Symptoms of inguinal hernia Treatment of inguinal hernia with traditional medicine Medicinal decoctions Compresses
Causes of inguinal hernia
An inguinal hernia can be either congenital or acquired. The causes of this disease, in turn, are divided into local and general.
Local causes are caused anatomically, for example, a hernia.
Some cases are treated only by surgery, and for some non-surgical alternative treatment of inguinal hernia is acceptable.
Inguinal hernias are most common. They cause discomfort when walking, pain, disruption of the excretory system of the body.
Hernia in the groin may increase with a strong straining cough or abdominal distension.
Many patients consider it a “trifle” and a slight indisposition, they try not to notice the disease and do not go to the doctor. As a result, the number of patients whose advanced inguinal hernia increases from year to year. The treatment without surgery in this case is no longer true.
In the event that there is temporarily no opportunity to consult a specialist during the initial stages of the disease, try an effective and proven treatment of inguinal hernia without a folk operation.